WineXpert Sparkling Riesling

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would work fine for making it sparkling, but you need to keep the S02 levels down a bit to sparkle it,which would limit aging time. I would also consider the Mosti Vinifera Noble Johannisburg Riesling. The price right now is a bit more, but wait another day or two and it will be pretty close to the same.
smiley2.gif
Be sure to check April sale prices and your e-mail.
http://www.finevinewines.com/ProdDet.asp?PartNumber=VN19

It would work fine like Appleman said but dont add the sorbate or the k-meta when its done fermenting. A Sauv Blanc would also be great picks.

Check the price tomorrow it will look even better then. I personally like these Mosti kits better. I find they have better body and none of the dreaded KT.

My theory s the better the wine, the better the Sparkling wine and im not a big fan of small kit wines but have heard much better results coming through from these MM kits. Everyone likes a few of the small W.E. kits but all the MM kits have great replies so I believe Appleman is steering you in a great direction. How many champagne bottles do you have as these are pricey and hard to find in recycle centers this time of year. Im getting my kegging system next week from a friend and have 2 6 gallon batches of wine to sparkle. ! being Plum and the Other Crabapple, they have both been aging since last fall with the additions of Ascorbic acid to keep them good just in case this kegging system fell through. Now I can add k-meta and back sweeten them 1st and then force carbonate with C02. Cant wait.

I should be getting5 cases of champagne bottles from the local party center this weekend so that is basically covered.

In case you missed it Scuba, the Mosti Vinifera Noble kits are 10% off in April.

This month we have all of ourVinifera Noblewine kits on special for 10% off. For those of you in the FVW Grower's Club, you will still get your 5 or 10% off on top of this discount. As a result you could get one of these wine kits for almost 20% off. In addition, everyone that orders a Vinifera Noble wine kit during the month of April, 2008 will be entered into our drawing for a free 6 Bottle Wine Cooler, as pictured above.

Mosti Mondiale's 10L Vinifera Noble is a unity between fresh musts and concentrate to preserve the properties of each varietal and enhance their natural characteristics. Wines produced with Mosti Mondiale's 10L Vinifera Noble are characteristically warm, round, powerful, robust, and at the same time, subtle.

Vinifera Noble will yield a wine that can be consumed young yet has a capacity to age and be savored at the desired moment (yields approximately 28 bottles). Choose from more than 25 varietals that will produce wines with unparalleled body, bouquet and color. From Barolo to Zinfandel, Blanc des Chateaux to Zinfandel Blush, Mosti Mondiale's 10L Vinifera Noble with pure varietal musts is a guaranteed crowd pleaser.

If you have not tried one of these exceptional 10 liter wine kits, now is the time. We started carrying these kits in Novemberand the feedback has been outstanding and the great thing is they areready to drink in 3-4 months. If you want something to tide you over while your more expensive wines age, this is the wine kit for you.

Make a 10L Vinifera Noble today to make wines of distinction and greatness! Click onthe link below to see all of the wines available in this outstanding line:
http://www.finevinewines.com/ProdListVN.asphttp://www.finevinewines.com/ProdListVN.asphttp://www.finevinewines.com/ProdListVN.aspoble

These are an excellent value at the normal price and even better at these sale prices. The quality of the kits is excellent and give a batter body and flavor than most wines in this price range. I have done a couple of these and they were excellent at the early stages I tested them and expect them to be even better soon.Edited by: appleman

I like how they state that these kits make approx. 28 bottles instead of 30. Thats a little more honest. Sometimes you get 30, sometimes less but I must say that i have never come out short with a MM kit yet.

That should be a good 1. I was told that for sparkling wines, anything that states Light and or Crisp is what you are looking for.

Got my kit in yesterday, I want to try and get it started this weekend but it may have to wait untill next week.

Scuba

I went to the party center today and got 47 champange bottles. I am now in the process of cleaning and de-labeling all these. They are all Asti and the labels actually come over very easy. I talked to the owner and he said the bottles were stacked behind the garage so I had to drive back there and pick them up. I went back there and started loading the bottles into my car when I realized a few were FULL. I had to dump 2 full bottles and 3 half way filled bottles of Asti. It looks like they just opened it, didnt use it and pitched it. That surprized me but whatever.

I started the riesling today. I was surprized to see how much juice they gave me in the kit, they gave me 3gals. The juice was 1.084 and about 66* f.

Scuba

Well it is a 10 liter kit but MM is known for giving a little extra, I noticed this with an all juice kit and my port kit when I transferred and couldnt fit it all in the carboy.

Scuba, how did your Mezza Luna Red turn out? I opened a bottle of mine last night at the 5 month mark. No kit taste. Little on the weak, watery side, but pleasant taste. 5% abv. I am wondering if the taste will become bolder with more age.

Latest posts

Back