RJ Spagnols Spagnols Port Kits are on the way - woo hoo!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USA_WineMaker

Wine Maker Extraordinaire
Reaction score
WOW, I'm so excited as this is my first post and I have not seen anyone else post this information. Glad to be here everyone. I've been making wine for about 4 years and just discovered this site a few months back. Been too busy to come out and play.

I received an email yesterday that my port wine kits will be shipping. I'm really excited as I never made port. I ordered all the spagnols kits x 2. Can't wait to get them.

Usa winemaker

IM, down here in Franklinville maybe we can get together sometime? Ordered 3 kits myself.:d

Thank you for the welcome and invite.

All my kits are scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Great service. Can't wait to ferment them. The port kits from last year are all gone between drinking a few bottles myself and giving a lot of them away. :)

I got mine today. I see no dextrose to add. I have only been at this 2 1/2 years. I wonder how good this kit will be compared to WE choc rasp port? I think the WE kits are awesome!
Welcome aboard! Very friendly and informative folks here. That's why I'm here. Thanks again to all "experts" who help us new guys. Three thumbs up!

your all freaking me out about now!! Iv been at it for maybe 5 months!! Did I bite of more then I can chew with this port??

I might not get out of bed tomorrow. It dont take much for me!! :)

Tess, don't freak out. This kit will make you feel great ( if you get it right) lol. No, just be patient, keep it warm, be patient, and don't be afraid to ask advice here. Good people.

I'm scheduled to receive my Black Forrest kit today as well. As soon as someone pitches yeast on this kit, they need to start a separate thread so we can all collaborate on this one. I don't expect to start mine for a couple of weeks.

I'm about to start. Spoke with a gal at RJS. She said this kit has the dextrose pretty much in it. No need to add at midway. She said it could use fortifying before bottling. Sounds too simple to be port, after struggling with WE ports. Time will tell. I'll start a new thread shortly.

Port wines

These kits are port wine style kits their there not a true port, their base is wine, so there in the style of port. :wyT

port wine kits

:smTHESE kits are excellent in every way if you went back to the threads about these kits you will see several of us collaborated in the production. I even won a best of show with the coffee port, so you see they are fun to do.:u

That's great! I won best of show too with every wine I've ever made. In fact just last night I won best of show for my Stags Merlot. We were all sitting at the patio table when I 'showed' everyone my Stags and they all said it was the 'best'. Get it, 'best' of 'show'. :D

best of show

pics............there were 297 wines in the contest, Hammonton wine festival march 2013 enhanced version of crus coffee port;)

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

IMG_0259.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back