Sorry I've jinxed us!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack on Rainy

Reaction score
I did it to my fellow northern MN vintnors.

I put my snow shovels away last weekend!
Not smart! Should have waited for mosquitoes to signalthat! Looks like maybe6" of new white for PWP andNWinos. Sorry
smiley19.gif
Edited by: Jack on Rainy

I too have put away all the snow paraphernalia ...shovels, boots and heavy coats....Don't think I am going to take everything back out...Well..... I hope we don't have to.

This spring has sucked.

It took us a long time to get rid of the snow, but the last two weeks have been beautiful- sunny mid seventies to low eighties. We are expecting a cooldown to the 60's for the next week with showers. Oh well, I would just as soon slow things down a tad. I still expect another frost or two and things are coming to life too quickly- could spell disaster.

I was thinking the same thing, appleman! The early warm weather is wonderful but we've also been known to have snow in early May! Our "...untill all danger of frost is passed" is set for May 15th. I hope you are wrong, Jack!
Edited by: Joan

Joan,
We don't have a time when ""...all danger of frost is passed" and I have heard forcasts for the next 24 which include as much as 11" of new white. It is dismal!
On the other hand, Mary has 160 tomato plants sprouting near the three carboysI have going in the project room so she isdetermined to get some good warm days. Doubtless, she has more influence on such things than I...

We had to light a fire in the wood furnace......the tomatoes are up and needing a little warmth. Nice and toasty in the house.

Meanwhile...out in the greenhouse...have 3 250 watt heat lamps going...Think I will turn another one on and maybe bring in the fish house propane heater for a few days. Would hate to loose the peppers, herb seedlings and the perennial flowers....have a bunch of other stuff out there but think they are tougher than that.

We are on the edge of the predicted storm...seems I have lived my life on the edge.

Have a another glass of wine and let time pass.

Life remains good!!!

We're banking on the storm going to the east and south of us.
smiley5.gif
We may get a little snow, but not much. I've seen snow on Memorial Day weekend...
smiley18.gif

I went to the grocery on the way home today and will have some fun in my kitchen making stew tomorrow. Comfort food time!

I miss the snow personally. While most people move south when they get old. I am planning on moving back north as soon as possible. Probably will be 4-5 years though. Upstate Maine looks good to me. I want small town, no crime, 4 seasons living. Of course life on a Caribbean island where the temps stay in the 70's to low 80's year round with low humidity would probably win out.

A Girlfriend called a few hours ago....she was east of here and was in a snow storm...then she got home...out ran it...soon after it started to snow at her house....

Now it just started snowing here...

Edit: It's now ice pellets.

Think I'll sip some wine....and dream of a purple haze.

Edited by: Northern Winos

Yep, what a spring. The ground is white here again! Finish reading "The Chamber" and see what tomorrow brings.

PolishWineP said:
We're banking on the storm going to the east and south of us.
smiley5.gif
We may get a little snow, but not much. I've seen snow on Memorial Day weekend...
smiley18.gif

I went to the grocery on the way home today and will have some fun in my kitchen making stew tomorrow. Comfort food time!

You're hoping it goes East and South. Hmmm. You're in Warren, correct? That means I'm East and South of you. So what you're saying is you hope I get dumped on
smiley18.gif
Well, you're hopes have been realized:

DSCF0496800x600.jpg

Jack, I don't think it was you that cursed everyone. I think it was me. I got my golf clubs out.......

Edited by: whino-wino

There you go, the golf clubs will do it every time.....I think we get what Mother Nature gives us...
smiley18.gif

My son's birthday is on May 23rd and we have had snow on his birthday. This is what keeps it interesting!
smiley36.gif

Snow on the ground here this morning....
smiley18.gif

Going to have to have Jim go out to the garage and bring back the snow boots....
smiley18.gif

Want to go to a garage sale in town this AM....will have to use the 4X4 truck....
smiley18.gif

I'm going with Smurfe to the tropical islands....
smiley16.gif

Whino-wines, I really didn't mean that I wanted you to get dumped on, I just don't want it. But I'm getting it anyway. Still. And the wind is really moving it around...
smiley19.gif

I think we're almost done getting snow, now the wind is just rearranging it for us. Picture out the front window this morning.
20080426_103401_Pool_time_011.jpg

smiley19.gif
I was hoping summer would fall on a Sunday, but it didn't! We've got snow too.

I feel for you guys up there. It was a beautiful day here and I spent most of it doing yard work and the other half finishing making equipment to brew beer.

It's still snowing here. Hasn't stopped all day, although it seems to be finally lightening up a bit.
smiley22.gif

It's just after 8pm now. According to our overpaid weather forcasters I was only supposed to get 6-12 inches at most and it was supposed to stop snowing at 1 pm. Then it was supposed to turn into rain during the afternoon. It never turned into rain. It just kept snowing, and snowing and snowing and snowing and it's still snowing....I just stepped outside a few minutes ago and the snow is over my knees. I'm 6'3 if that gives you any idea. I figure we've got about 24-28 inches here. And to think that yesterday morning there wasn't any snow to be found.....
smiley35.gif
smiley35.gif
smiley35.gif
smiley35.gif

Back