Soda

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mcamnl

Reaction score
I was at the local supply shop yesterday with the family and the kids noticed the extracts for making soda at home. Has anyone done this before? Thought it would be fun to try.

For Fathers day my kids got me a soda kit and lots of flavors. Gonna give it a try but I would like eventually make and carbonate my own root beer.

Between making wine, cheese, sausage and now pop I have no time. Gotta pace myself one thing at a time.

I have made Rootbeer a few times. I used the Gnome extract as well as the McCormick from the spice aisle of the grocery store. Both turned out pretty well. I reused some 2Ltr soda bottles from mine and coopers ale yeast. Tried it in beer bottles, but that was kind of a PITA. I decided that i would go the KEG route for future soda endeavors, so I have a corny keg setup on my wishlist

Word to the wise, if you make the root beer, use soda bottles to bottle it in. Do not use water bottles. They are softer and the lids do not necessairly stay on. They build lottsa pressure too. Hurts your hand when taking the lid off and barely a turn and pow. Arne.
By the way, the root beer is really easy to make. I used an extract from my local brew store. Doesn't take long and tastes like root beer used to taste when I was a kid.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back