So how is everybody's Winter starting out?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The storm is moving out leaving behind some beautiful scenery!

20101217_185125_IMG_0689.jpg

20101217_185142_IMG_0690.jpg

20101217_185157_IMG_0688.jpg

Mike, what snow blower did you get? Man I love mine especially since I have a bad back. I dont have a garage so I have to keep it in my shed which is way in the back yard so on top of doing the driveway I have to also do about 75' of yard before I get to the driveway but mine just powers through it all with no problem.

I got this one

I found it on sale plus got an extra 10% off back in late September. 24" path, 2 stage plus ELECTRIC START! It was rated a "best buy" by CR in their latest test. I found just enough room in my garage for it so hopefully it will stay in good shape.

Good luck to ya. I know a lot of people love Craftsman but I personally have never had luck with that brand of anything (tools included). I personally only buy stuff with Kohler or Briggs & Stratton motors.

I use Mother Natures snow removal system. I haven't even owned a snow shovel for 10 years - just to make sure I don't have any temptation to use it!!

I just went with Consumer Reports so well see how it holds up. In a typical Winter we will get 6-8 snows in excess of 6" so it won't get extremely heavy use like the folks up in the NE. Also I have a concrete driveway and not rock, so smooth surface. I did pick up some shear pins to have on hand just in case....

Wade said:
Good luck to ya. I know a lot of people love Craftsman but I personally have never had luck with that brand of anything (tools included). I personally only buy stuff with Kohler or Briggs & Stratton motors.

I must say that these blowers are much better then they used to be. I have had my blower for about 4 years now and have never needed to replace a shear pin yet. Back in the day when my parents had a blower I wouldnt even use it as I had to replace the shear pin so often it wasnt even worth i and was actually more work then just shoveling. Its the main reason I didnt ever purchase a blower until4 years ago when my neighbor cam over with his blower and let me use it.

I have an Ariens 10 hp 28 wide and wouldn't trade it for anything except a tractor mounted one. Many days I am out there 2-3 times cleaning the driveway. I am right in a heavy snowbelt and typically get nearly 200 inches. Last year was a lot worse. Two years ago I put a cab on it and that made a huge difference to keep the blowing snow off of you and it keeps you a lot warmer also. They came out with heated handles the next year. Mine is ten years old and starts on the first pull everytime. I don't even use the electric start.

I use the 50 hp farm tractor and snow blade to plow with unless we get a 24-36 inch dump. Then I have my brother come up with the 100 hp Ford with a cab to blow it. I went out today and cleaned up this past weeks snow accumilation. I really don't get that much normally. They have the area rated at 90-120 inches, but we rarely get over 6 feet at my place but it stays in place most of the winter.

smiley36.gif
It's strange how you can look at those beautiful pics and all you can think of is snow blowers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

appleman said:
I use the 50 hp farm tractor and snow blade to plow with unless we get a 24-36 inch dump. Then I have my brother come up with the 100 hp Ford with a cab to blow it. I went out today and cleaned up this past weeks snow accumilation. I really don't get that much normally. They have the area rated at 90-120 inches, but we rarely get over 6 feet at my place but it stays in place most of the winter.

I like the sounds of your artillery! I wanna play on your side the next time astorm that comes through.
smiley20.gif

Yesterday was tough!!!!

Tough staying inside at work while it was 82 degrees and blue skies!!!
smiley16.gif

I got home and my son home from collage had on shorts and a t-shirt.

Christmas in Texas.
smiley4.gif

Hope everyone has a great Christmas. CHEERS!

Scott B said:
Yesterday was tough!!!!

Tough staying inside at work while it was 82 degrees and blue skies!!!
smiley16.gif

I got home and my son home from collage had on shorts and a t-shirt.

Christmas in Texas.
smiley4.gif

Hope everyone has a great Christmas. CHEERS!

Bla Bla Bla

Take the beers out and I would say "your life sucks"....

With the Beers in I say "you live in paradise"....

Funny how that works.

Latest posts

Back