SNOW!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poor Bert and I thought you'd like to see a picture of OUR flowers! Can you see them?
20080310_171034_flowers.jpg

Before I get the switch.......... If I guess the right flower do I get a free pass?

Is it the White One?????????

LOL........... Couldn't resist hat one.............

Ok........ I'll get a bigger switch.........
smiley5.gif

I think we need to make jobe run a gauntlet line. PWP gets to cut the switches and take the first whack! He needs to run the line through about 3 feet of ice covered snow!

Just kidding. We really do like to see glimpses of hope in the form of green. Glad there will be green somewhere in the country for St Patty's day.

All we have been getting here is rain and more rain, my new sump pumps life has diminished a few years in the last 3 weeks. All the rivers around here are at their peak and some floweth over, but my basements dry! Temps have been around 30-50 which is nice but the grounds are just mush so not much to do out there.

We still have several feet of snow, but today the temps got up in the 40's
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

We even had 2 Snowdrops blooming outside of our living room window today
smiley17.gif

I sense something in the air.....could it be.....Spring??

No pics of the snowdrops, perhaps tomorrow if they decide to open again.

Nothing blooming around here....the wind blows all the snow off of the fields into the front yard....

There is a pretty large bird bath in the middle of the photo, you can just see the top of it...gives you an idea of how much snow is out there...we know it can't last forever....can it????

yardSmall-1.jpg

As you can see we still have quite a bit of snow here, but the last day or two has at least melted the snow right next to the house on the south side....

DSCF0441320x200.jpg

Upon closer inspection under the big window on the far end......

DSCF0440320x200.jpg

SNOWDROPS!!
smiley17.gif
smiley17.gif
smiley17.gif

There was one blooming yesterday, but my daughter decided to pick it. No big deal, this one looks like it might bloom pretty soon....

DSCF0438320x200.jpg

Oh doesn't that look pretty!? Just a light touch of winter magic. Yeah right, pretty... pretty disgusting!
smiley36.gif

I just noticed your location there Barney
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

Yesterday it hit 50*F...though only briefly....then it rained along with HUGE snow flakes that disappeared....today near 40*F and the snow is going fast....

Gives us some hope that spring might come...but we know it will snow again as March is our snowiest month...usually heavy wet stuff.

72 here today, Wild plums and other plants are beginning to bloom. Grass is turning green.i even mowed part of my yard or errr weeds this evening

Waldo said:
72 here today, Wild plums and other plants are beginning to bloom. Grass is turning green.i even mowed part of my yard or errr weeds this evening
Golly I hate to think of mowing!!!
smiley36.gif

Spring is getting closer. Red wing blackbirds and killdeershowed up today Grackles (blackbirds) were at the feeder yesterday. Robins were all over the orchard. The Canadian geese are flying in pairs now.

Back