SNOW!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scubaman2151

Reaction score
Well Im basically snowed in. We have like 2ft of snow everyone, most of the drifts are like 5-7ft high and the apron has like 4ft of snow in it. I dont know how well our snow plow guy will be able to clear the driveway :). I dont think I will be going to the pancake breakfast tomorrow.

Here is some pics:

snow.jpg

snow1.jpg

snow2.jpg

snow3.jpg

snow4.jpg

Does that mean more blueberry juice fr you since no 1 will be going or none at all?
smiley36.gif

Well I talked to the person who is in charge of the breakfast and it is still going on, they said if I cant get out of the driveway they will send someone to come get me. I told them to send the firetruck to get me :). (the breakfast is for the city). Anyway the snow plow guy came and he did a good job with the driveway so I should be going tomorrow.

Updated picture after snow plow guy:

snow2-1.jpg

I've had in this order... snow, sleet, freezing rain, power outage, rain, more freezing rain, snow, huge thunder and lightning all within a couple of hours! It's a perfect day to stay put!

Good luck with the breakfast. People will find a way to be there, makes it a little more interesting now.

Scuba...put your head close to your monitor...a little closer. There! I need to give you a whack!!

smiley4.gif

Yup, I can tell you from experience that is snow! I hope you make it out tomorrow to your breakfast. Then you will need a good thaw to get rid of that stuff!

I hear you too Joan. This has been one of the grossest, yuckiest days I have ever seen. Not all that bad out because it's not waist deep snow, but just plain yucky. We only got the few inches of snow, but then it changed to the sleet. We have about 5 inches of sleet on everything on top of the snow. It's like one huge ice cream slushy cone. I don't think I have ever seen this much sleet. It was like a heavy rainstorm, only with temps at 20 degrees, it froze into sleet before getting to the ground.

I can't see out any of my north-facing windows because of the freezing rain has completely coated them! I went out to shovel and couldn't break thru the ice to get down to the snow below! I about broke my neck walking out of the garage! My dog (55 pounds) was walking on top of it all! She didn't know what to do!!
smiley4.gif

Edited by: Joan

That's the stuff we got a few days ago. It was still there before this. You could walk on top of it if you could stay standing upright. It was funny watching people and pets try to walk across a slight incline. They would start at the top of the slope and end up at the bottom. This stuff today is all grainy, like icy sand. Very strange consistency. It is the heaviest shoveling stuff I have ever seen.

Hey guys.....IT"S Spring!!! here.

Joan I remember getting that kind of weather when I lived up north..wild....you can always talk about the weather. AAAStinke has been sending me pictures of snow and more snow...I think he spends most of his time on the roof.....shoveling.

Yous guys up north there are really getting it.

Ramona

This stuff sure is getting to be a PITA. The temps dropped to near zero over night. Cindy got her car out of the garage this AM and stayed on top of the 4 inches of ice to get out of the driveway. I went out this AM to check things out and the ice cone had frozen solid over night. Everything is encased in 4 inches of ice- steps, diveway, walkways and all. I need to get my truck inspected tomorrow. They couldn't do it this past Friday so scheduled it for Monday at 8 AM. After 30 minutes of chipping ice I got a door open. I let the truck run for 30 minutes with the heater on and carefully began extractin it from it's icy tomb. I got it uncovered so I could see and tried to back up. It is now stuck in the driveway and won't come out. I'm not sure I will make it to my appointment or will need to rescedule for later this week when it might get to 35-40 degrees.

MAKE IT STOP!

Okay, Ramona. You want pic's?
smiley2.gif

Suited up against the 38* morning here in BRRRrrrrr -- MONTANA -- to take some pictures of all the snow in my vinyard.

It was a struggle... here in MONTANA -- but I made it back inside to post this picture so you could be jealous there in Texas of all our snow!
smiley36.gif

20080309_105601_IMG_0548_Small.JPG

rgecaprock said:
Post some pictures guys.

Here you are Ramona.

My poor little greenhouse.

20080309_105554_100_3682_Medium.jpg

Is it time to prune yet?

20080309_105758_100_3684_Medium.jpg

My truck almost free of it's icy tomb. That's frozen sleet there, not snow.

20080309_110148_100_3685_Medium.jpg

My humble abode sitting waiting for spring to get here so it might enjoy the shade in all the trees coverd with leaves. Yeah right! Not quite yet.

20080309_110537_100_3686_Medium.jpg
Edited by: appleman

20080309_121827_100_3729_Small.jpg

20080309_122122_100_3715_Small.jpg

20080309_122458_100_3702_Small.jpg

20080309_123025_100_3695_Small.jpg

I went to the woods today, thought it would be a little greener out there but lots of wildlife active. Not sure but I think the snake is a water moccasin. It had just eaten something and was too fat to move. And the Texas Mountain Laurel was in bloom (smells like grape jelly).

I'm enjoying your snow pictures and hope you will soon see some green.
Ramona
20080309_150653_100_3724_Small.jpg
Edited by: rgecaprock

Some snow stuck to the ice on my birch tree.

20080309_150837_snow_and_ice_co.jpg

This is what's left after the snow had blown off one of my 60 foot maple trees.

20080309_151331_ice2.jpg

The trees all look like they were coated with diamonds in the afternoon sun!

Latest posts

Back