Smoking Cheese

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smoke em if you got em.

This bee used to be mounted to the front of my Toyota. At 35mph, the wings would raise. Nother story nother tim.

LMAO!

smokin bee butt.jpg

You ought to see what her sister, Chun Chee gave ME!!!! It darn sure wasn't a partridge in a pear tree!!!!

I hope so or she may make me worse, she is just as crazy as me. LMAO!

A smoked pickle might have something there. And I am not joking, I think I will try it next time I smoke something.
I hesitate to bring this up, but there is a smoked pickle creation out there called "Piggles". What you do is take a whole pickle (your choice of type), slice it in half, scoop a little bit of the seeds from the center to make a boat, fill with your choice of cheese and even meat if you like, then wrap it in bacon. Season if desired and smoke until the bacon is crispy. I have not tried it myself but piggles have fans for sure, it's something people either love or hate apparently.

OK, back to the normal fun and games. Everyone else forget I ever said that!:sh

I hesitate to bring this up, but there is a smoked pickle creation out there called "Piggles". What you do is take a whole pickle (your choice of type), slice it in half, scoop a little bit of the seeds from the center to make a boat, fill with your choice of cheese and even meat if you like, then wrap it in bacon. Season if desired and smoke until the bacon is crispy. I have not tried it myself but piggles have fans for sure, it's something people either love or hate apparently.

OK, back to the normal fun and games. Everyone else forget I ever said that!:sh

Now that sounds lovely! Yum.

Why is it that every town in the country seems to have a Kim in it??
And they always show up when you're smoking something!

My brother and I made a smoker at his house that looks like an outhouse in his back yard.
When we do sausage, it holds about 150 pounds.
Now and then he throws a couple whole beef brisket on it and smokes them for eight hour. Boy does it turn out good.
I don't know how well it would do with cheese, but would probably work.

How come every smoker I have ever seen has had a Chee in itt?

It may be a Korean conspiracy!!

LOL

So the smoked cheese is your pet project ? so I guess that makes my infamous milk wine ok then? haha I bet smoked wilkwine cheese would be epic lol It would be both smokey and high alcohol.

Read closer!!! I said it was on thelist of projects. I smoke, drink alcohol and think about these things. Want dont you build a little smoker, and try the curds that came off your wine?

If I remeber right you tossed them.

Bloody shame!

I heard they were ctually pretty good. At least you could have fed them to your genetically engineered pigs.

Oh yeah, we heard about your experiments on "Coast to Coast

LMFAO ROTF!!

:sm

rofl hahha. I so would make me a smoker if i wasnt beign sent to a housing area that didnt allow open flame or anything or even hotplates lol

When I had the chance to tour through Italy a few years ago with the wife I met a local restaurateur who made his own wine, cheese, and cured meats. He gave me a sample of a 5 year old pecorino (sheeps milk cheese) that had been aged wrapped in the skins from a pressing of brunello from the same year the cheese was made. I have tried smoked cheese, cheese rubbed with coffee or laced with black truffles and on and on, this grape cured cheese was hands down the best I have ever tried. Imagine pairing it with the same Brunello the grapes skins came from. If you have a good spot with high relative humidity to store wine, throw a wheel of cheese in there too with some of your pressed skins and see what happens.

I saw cheese smoking at an egg demo this summer. The guy placed a tray of ice on the platesetter (for the non eggers it's a ceramic tray that diffuses the direct heat from the charcoal) and only used 2-3 pieces of lump to create the smoke. It kept the temperature down while allowing the smoke to flavor the cheese. It was good stuff.

Back