Skeeter Tea

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeoS

Reaction score
OK, so I was ready to rack my pee into a carboy for secondary ferment. I siphoned a gallon off and added 4 tea bags. Not sure how this will work out. Anyone try this before?

not here but sounds good let us know how it turns out

"Hard tea" is always really good, and my favorite drink is a firefly which is lemonade and tea flavored vodka. Sounds like you may have a real winner there! I think it's a great idea *thumbs up*!

First taste of the skeeter tea and I'm glad I only made a gallon...... Not the best, but bit is drinkable cold.

Tea is full of fermentables so you probably made more of a tea wine than a hard tea. To do a hard tea you would need to add the tea bags like you were backsweetening.

(Cold crashing, adding k-meta/sorbate, or fermenting to yeasts alcohol tolerance etc. before you add the tea bags.)

Unless your going for a tea wine taste with skeeter in the mix. Some people like tea wine. I've never had it but it sounds nasty to me. I like my tea dark, sweet and icy.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back