Show me your workspace please

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, here goes...kind of a mess, but...what the heck.

FERMENTING AREA/AGING AREA/KITCHEN
2005-12-05_102148_Aging_Area_1.jpg

STORAGE/ROOT CELLAR/CANNING AREA
2005-12-05_102300_Root_Cellar_1.jpg

WINE STORAGE AREA
2005-12-05_102355_Wine_Area_1.jpg

STUFF
2005-12-05_102434_Storage_1.jpg

Amazing what a person can cram into a small space isn't it?????

What's the temperature in there, must be cool enough to store your potatoes and onions and squash?

Ramona

Thanks everyone...Yes, we are well stocked....it's the room I'd go to during a Tornado...or what ever.
I am a long time gardener, like to eat and drink what I grow...guess you can see that.
That room stays about 63*-68* winter and summer. It is downstairs in the side of the basement that is below ground level, it is well insulated. I would be colder in the winter if we didn't have a wood burning furnace in the next room.
The wine is in double rows of wooden wine racks, kind of un-handy...the back row has the same kind as the front row...kind of cramped, but it's in there. You got to make do with the space you have. Lots of stuff got moved out of there when we started making wine, like paint and building supplies, the Christmas decor is still in there and a few other non food items.
I like looking at other peoples work areas too, look forward everyday to see who 'dropped their drawers'...and bare all...[at least what's in your closets].....so to speak.
Till next time...
Edited by: Northern Winos

Nice looking area NW...very neat and organized! Growing and making your own foods and wine is the best!
smiley32.gif

rgecaprock said:
What's the temperature in there, must be cool enough to store your potatoes and onions and squash?

Ramona

Ramona..I got curious to see what the temp was on the floor today, never checked that before....it's 58*-60*...guess that helps keep the onions, garlic and Dahlias and Cannas at the temps they like.
Thanks guys...let's see your stuff!!!Edited by: Northern Winos

NW

Your storage area looks like something out of a magazine. The canned foods are just beautiful. Looks like you are ready for the long winter. mwm

Cove Cottage said:
NW

Your storage area looks like something out of a magazine.  The canned foods are just beautiful.  Looks like you are ready for the long winter.  mwm
Yes, we are ready for a long winter...and it is upon us....would love to go down to Florida where you are....count your blessings...
Some of the canned good are juices for wine, apple, raspberry, strawberry, crabapple and grape....things you can grow year around....must be nice.Bet you can go to the grocery stores or your backyard trees anytime of the year and get something to make wine out of....????? Right now up here snow is our commodity of choice outside our doors....till next time

Well, since many of you posted your photo's, I guess I can embarrassingly post pics of my work area. First we have my spacious and high tech filtering and bottling area.

HPIM0620.jpg

Here is the cellar itself where the aging takes place.

HPIM0630.jpg

As you can see, it is nothing but the best for Smurfe
smiley36.gif

Bur seriously, as you can see, I like most others have to utilize what ever space I can scrounge. It drives the wife nuts having the stuff all over the house. Hopefully when we build we will be able to afford to add the extra facilities I require to fulfill may needed requirements
smiley2.gif

Thanks for everyone that has contributed to this post so far. It has been quite enjoyable and I have got a few little ideas so far to what I am looking forward to.

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

Back