Shirah Pee

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JordanPond

Reaction score
Shiraz Pee

I have slurry from a California Shirah. Looking for opinions on impact of the taste. I'm ok with the color impact. Would it be better to wait until I have slurry from a white white or a fruit wine?

Last edited:
I have never made SP but I plan to in the near future. I am thinking of using my amarone for my slurry unless I see a reason not to. Interested to see what people say about yours.

I have slurry from a California Shirah. Looking for opinions on impact of the taste. I'm ok with the color impact. Would it be better to wait until I have slurry from a white white or a fruit wine?

I made a s.p. from a blend of Merlot, Cab. Sauv. and Syrah. I was so awesome it's almost all gone. It had an intense grape flavor seconds after swallowing.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the flavor you get from your California Sirah slurry. Remember that the major component in Skeeter Pee is still lemon juice. So it will still be a lemon wine. The slurry usually contributes only a hint of flavor or as Steve said, it often pops through on the finish. The beauty is that Skeeter Pee is cheap to make, so I'd tell you to make both, you'll enjoy the variety.

Lon is the master maker of skeeter pee. My only two cents is to get another batch started. Skeeter pee disappears about as fast as firecrackers on the fourth of July. Arne.

Latest posts

Back