Shipping from texas

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone have a "legal" way to ship out a bottle of wine? I've tried all the carriers here in San Antonio and they all say no. Just wondering how everyone else does this, thanks for the help.

There is a local company here in Powell that advertises "We ship anything!" The thing is, when you bring a box into them, they don't ask what is in it. Sort of a "don't ask, don't tell" thing.

I have heard that others describe their shipment as "marinade."

I have no direct experience but remember a thread suggesting that UPS was the beat option and to list the contents as marinade.

I just sent four bottles of wine out west (two from Ohio to California and two to Arkansas). They were packaged in mailers marked fragile. When the lady at the FedEx post read back the address to the wine, beer, and cheese shop in California, I thought she'd ask what was inside. She didn't. My prepared answer was, "My wife's awesome spiced balsamic vinegar."

No questions asked, they went out as planned. :)

Lol, thanks for all the help on a "legal" way to ship my wine. Unfortunately I won't be shipping my wine, but I will be shipping out some vinegar and marinade later this week. Thanks a lot for all your help

Latest posts

Back