Shared Labels

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vscottcolorado

Reaction score
Just a few sample Labels I wanted to share. The Cab, Chardonnay, and Pinot Grigio are still bulk aging. The picture of Pikes Peak was taken from our deck this spring. Still had snow up there until 3rd week of June.

20090806_093834_Sample.jpg

Now the kids know where the inheritance went.
Looks great, for sure.
smiley20.gif

used word 2007. But there has to be something easier. I like it because of all the different fonts.

I use the Print Master software and the label application. But I cannot cut and paste a label I make in to the forum here. Or anywhere else or that matter. Anyone know how I can show off my labels here?
smiley4.gif

Since I use word to design my labels when I take them to Office Depot to print I have to convert them to a PDF file then to a JEPEG. this process is a little cumbersome but works for me. Its not that tough. Both programs are free.
First you need a program called PrimoPDF. This installs like a printer. So when your are in Print Master or any other program for that matter, select the label to print. When you select the printer, select PrimoPDF. This will not print the label but save the file to a PDF. You can then use a program PDF-XChange Viewer to convert it to a JEPEG. Now you have snap shot of your label. You can also print it, scan it, and save as a JEPEG.

One thing I learned about PDF-XChange Viewer is, go to File, click open (the pdf you want to open), then go to file, export. This allows you to save as a jepeg. By the way where is Hayward, WI.? My daughter and here family live in Sheboygan.

uavwmn said:
I use the Print Master software and the label application. But I cannot cut and paste a label I make in to the forum here. Or anywhere else or that matter. Anyone know how I can show off my labels here?
smiley4.gif

You might try using the print screen button on your keyboard (PrtScn). This is just to the right of the Function keys at the top of the keyboard. Just get your image fully on the screen as large as you can with it all showing, and get your mouse cursor away from the image and then press that button. That will take an image of everything on the screen at the time, just the way you see it.

Then open an imaging program or anything that will handle images. For instance Microsoft Paint that comes with Windows works well. Open it and then select EDIT in the menu and then click on paste. Your image should now be on the screen.

Note that the whole image is now selected (when using MS paint anyway). You can hit esc key and this will deselect everything or just hit the top left "free form select" tool and that will also. Then select the select tool (rectangular tool at top right of the tools). Use this to draw around just the part of the label you want to show. After doing that just go to the image menu and select crop. You should now have your image ready to save. Just go to file > save as... and then choose a name and jpeg and your file type.

Play around with it a bit and you should get the hang of it after a bit.

Scott, Hayward is in NW Wisconsin, about 150 miles from She Boy Again!! (Old Indian name they say) Nice area. I used to live near that area. In fact my son is going there this weekend to fish in Lake Michigan!!

Latest posts

Back