Serve from the carboy?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1 on that!

And once that carboy is empty fill it up again with another batch!

Cheers,
johann

If you have a recycling center near, you can probably get all the bottles you've ever dreamed of....for FREE! Just make sure to do a good cleaning and sanitize before bottling. You can get corks on line for 15 cents or less if you buy a bunch. Save yourself a lot of grief and get the wine out of the carboy and into bottles (when it's ready). Remember, never bottle a cloudy wine. Once bottled, start another batch as others have suggested.

I've been on this board for close to 2 years now and this seems to be a common problem. Making wine is not a fast moving hobby. Anyone wanting a quick and 'easy' way to make a 'drink' should probably look up the old recipes for "Bathtub Gin" from the days of Prohibition. The magic words are Patience, and Follow Directions. There really are no shortcuts to a good tasting wine. There are many shortcuts to an alcoholic beverage but not many result in a drink that is truly enjoyable for anything other than getting intoxicated.

Yeah, I know that's pretty negative but really, anyone who tries to rush wine making is odds on to come out very disappointed. I popped a cork on my first batch at almost 5 months. It was drinkable but it wasn't anywhere like that same batch was in 12 months time.

Chow down on raw hamburger, onions, tomatoes, and beans - then simmer those same things in a pot with a little salt and pepper for about 6 hours and what a difference.

Back