I am in the secondary on a WE Chilean Pinot Noir. It was supposed to sit in the carboy for 10 days prior to clarifying, I let it go 15 days because of travel, work, etc. I checked the SG yesterday thinking I would go ahead with clarifying, but it was at 0.998 instead of 0.996 (whihc the directions said it was supposed to be at). I know I am to check it two consecutive days, but I just assumed it would be stable since I let it go 5 extra days. Because it wasn't quite at the desired SG, I let it sit and did not clarify. I will check again tonight to make sure the SG hasn't changed. My question is should I wait until it gets to 0.996 (assuming it will), or just make sure it isn't still falling. If it's stable, clarify at 0.998?