RJS Cru International Meritage (Canadian Okanagan)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My LHBS supplies labels, corks and shrinks for free for any kit purchased, this kit came with labels but they are very plain and generic.

Finally made up my mind and ordered this kit with the 20% sales going on. I needed to buy forks anyways so why not.
Free shipping also.

Received this kit last evening. RJS keeps impressing me every time.
It came not only with dried skins but a whopping 3 40gr packs of French oak, plus labels and the other stuff.

EC-1118 though.

Will kick it off today hopefully but expecting good wine down the road, will put it through an extended maceration.

Received this kit last evening. RJS keeps impressing me every time.
It came not only with dried skins but a whopping 3 40gr packs of French oak, plus labels and the other stuff.

EC-1118 though.

Will kick it off today hopefully but expecting good wine down the road, will put it through an extended maceration.

Just picked one up from Midwest for $80, with 20% off!

I'll probably be starting this one soon too, and will also do extended maceration. Will be interesting to follow along with yours, geek!

Just picked one up from Midwest for $80, with 20% off!

I'll probably be starting this one soon too, and will also do extended maceration. Will be interesting to follow along with yours, geek!

How did you get it that cheap??
I paid $92 with the 20% coupon and there’s free shipping.

How did you get it that cheap??
I paid $92 with the 20% coupon and there’s free shipping.
I had to go to the store. The raised their online prices recently to pay for the free shipping, but the in-store prices are lower. So it was 99.99 before the 20% off.

Just started this kit and holy cow....SG is about 1.110 and I haven’t added the dried skins yet.
Adding skins now and will check again tomorrow before pitching the yeast.

Just started this kit and holy cow....SG is about 1.110 and I haven’t added the dried skins yet.
Adding skins now and will check again tomorrow before pitching the yeast.
That sounds pretty high, what was the final verdict before you pitched the year?

Gettin' close to rocket fuel! You sure you added the right amount of water to the kit? You might end up in the 1.120 range with those skins added.

Don't give a finished one to @bkisel, not sure he could handle all of that alcohol. :)
How much sugar do you think those dried skins add?

In all honesty, the SG was around 1.110~1.112 before I added the skins. That night I added the skins and then waited until noon next day and the SG was ~1.112

Not sure if was going to go up from there but I pitched the yeast and been stirring since. I wonder is that is the reason this kit brings a sweetener blend to be added at the end, to balance the rocket fuel....LOL

Just ordered my kit, $93 from Midwest. They offering 20% off one item and free shipping.
Thanks for everybody’s input, I wasn’t going to order it at first but it sounds like a good kit from what I’ve read.

Just ordered my kit, $93 from Midwest. They offering 20% off one item and free shipping.
Thanks for everybody’s input, I wasn’t going to order it at first but it sounds like a good kit from what I’ve read.

It really seems like a good kit for that price.
I'd be interested to know the initial SG before you pitch the yeast, please let me know....

After sitting in secondary for an extended maceration, I'm ready to move this kit.
However, thinking about this 'finishing blend' small packet. I assume that's some sort of sugar blend and worry that if I don't add sorbate it will start fermenting again.

I never add sorbate to my red wine kits.....

How did you guys do with that blend?

Back