Recycling corks !!!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casper

Reaction score
You won't believe what I saw, somebody was bottling wine the other day and I ask him why these used natural corks were in the water. He saidhe reused them
smiley3.gif
the end with the wine stain goes up and the other end without wine stain goes first.
smiley18.gif
smiley5.gif
He offered me a bottle I said no.

Sometimes being cheap is just being stupid. My father is a damn good man but sometimes he can be stupid like this. He used to sell commercial foods like pies and danishes and drive this old truck that had right around 650,000 miles on it. He would jerry rig everything on it when it broke and some of this was genius and some was really stupid! He fixed his clutch cable with a dog chain, pretty good, but then the heater core went or the moter (I cant remember) so instead of fixing that he took out the passenger seat and mounted an old kerosene heater there and jerry rigged the tilt shut off mechanism so that it wouldnt shut off. He drove around like that with it on for well over 2 1/2 years!
1) If he got hit with that thing on he would have burned up very fast!
2) It would have been much cheaper to just fix the heater then pay for all that kerosene!

I wouldnt want to risk ruinging all of the hard work i put into my wine with using nasty corks.
I save my corks but I'm going to make a custom bulletin board.

wade said:
Sometimes being cheap is just being stupid. My father is a damn good man but sometimes he can be stupid like this. He used to sell commercial foods like pies and danishes and drive this old truck that had right around 650,000 miles on it. He would jerry rig everything on it when it broke and some of this was genius and some was really stupid! He fixed his clutch cable with a dog chain, pretty good, but then the heater core went or the moter (I cant remember) so instead of fixing that he took out the passenger seat and mounted an old kerosene heater there and jerry rigged the tilt shut off mechanism so that it wouldnt shut off. He drove around like that with it on for well over 2 1/2 years!
1) If he got hit with that thing on he would have burned up very fast!
2) It would have been much cheaper to just fix the heater then pay for all that kerosene!

Not to mention the carbon monoxide poisioning!

Smurfe with 650,000 miles on it probably had a few rust holes for venting
smiley1.gif

My grandma had a 64 Ford Falcon with the floor boards rusted through, kinda like the Flintstone mobile!

Scott said:
Smurfe with 650,000 miles on it probably had a few rust holes for venting
smiley1.gif

My grandma had a 64 Ford Falcon with the floor boards rusted through, kinda like the Flintstone mobile!

I had a 1964 International Harverster pick up that has the rusted floor boards as well. I always had a headache driving that truck from the gas fumes.

My father had old license plates filling in rotted out holes and Hi-C cans for most of the exhaust. he usually didnt ever bring it down to a place to gt anything done on it but 1 day he brought it down to a lube place and they put it on a lift and when the guy did he called everyone in the place over to ,look under this truck and they were all cracking up, it was pretty embarrassing but also funny at the same time! Before he filled in the holes with license plates kids in the neighbor hood would get hungry and reach in and swipe some danishes!
smiley36.gif
it was an old SNET truck, he bought it with around 220,000 on it, the old Chevy straight 6 with 3 on the column!

Latest posts

Back