Received my Chilean Juice today

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dan, did you add the raisins at the end of alcoholic fermentation when you racked to carboy and then started mlf immediately?

I added the raisins when I racked off the initial fermentation at about 1.025. I added the raisins and mlf at the same time and left them in there for about 30 days.

Joe, to date I am very happy with the process. Putting the raisins in during the second half of the fermentation instead of the first was a pain. Putting them in the primary, I have them in a bag and throw them out as one unit in the end (real simple). Adding them as you said, I had to shake them out of the carboy into a bucket and that was about 4 times as hard as the first way. So, what is 4 times harder than "simple", not much at all, I'll continue to do it going forward.

I'm telling you, we really had it together for our customers at Presque Isle this year for Chilean juice. We measured tested all varieties immediately and made determinations of what it needed. We then had a ready made bundled package ready with the beat yeast for each particular wine, measured amounts of tannin, nutrients etc and then additional info for those who asked about oak and mlf. For less than $6.00 customers had everything measured out, in hand and complete instructions. This was a real hit and is helping people take there wine from good to great. Very labor intensive on our part but worth every bit of it.

I'm telling you, we really had it together for our customers at Presque Isle this year for Chilean juice. We measured tested all varieties immediately and made determinations of what it needed. We then had a ready made bundled package ready with the beat yeast for each particular wine, measured amounts of tannin, nutrients etc and then additional info for those who asked about oak and mlf. For less than $6.00 customers had everything measured out, in hand and complete instructions. This was a real hit and is helping people take there wine from good to great. Very labor intensive on our part but worth every bit of it.

That is an outstanding idea, and I'll bet it is a big win-win for both you and your customers. I imagine you will have a lot of repeat customers next year and they will likely buy more than this year AND bring their friends.

Back