Ready for Crush! (a little early)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Mike,
Duct tape and plastic sheeting! Are you kiddng me?! "In for a penny, in for a pound!" Here is what you need:
<TABLE border=1 cellSpacing=0 borderColor=#000000 cellPadding=5 width="100%" ="maintable"><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD width="10%">8058</TD>
<TD vAlign=center width="40%">Painted Stand for Crusher/De-Stemmer</TD></TR></T></T></TABLE>
It solves your set up and clean up problem in one swell foop.

Might just have to pull the trigger on that if my Rube Goldberg apparatus fails to contain it!

OK, What is a mixed jack and grape?

Some kind of a new drink?
smiley5.gif

appleman said:
there will be mixed jacks and grapes coming out a little- past that

Nice Setup Mike.
You may want to put a trash can under the end where the stems come out.

What's crazy is it's not that far away. I picked up the grapes last year on Aug 31st..........
smiley34.gif

With a big enough Tote you wont need the stand. The only thing about the stand IMO would be convenience and better stability possibly.

Mike, If I had your money the first thing I would do would be to burn mine and then I would buy the stand. Maybe your daughter (pictured with you on the site) would get it for you on your birthday. It would be perfect timing with the harvest.

The reason Los Alamos has the most (per capita) people retiring as millionaires is because we are all "cheap at heart"! I will make this do this year and then reevaluate as they say in the "bidness"....
smiley36.gif

ibglowin said:
OK, What is a mixed jack and grape?

Some kind of a new drink?
smiley5.gif

appleman said:
there will be mixed jacks and grapes coming out a little- past that

Mike grape jacks are just like the jacks used to play the game, except they are pieces of grape stems. And I think you know what a crushed grape looks like.

The plastic curtain has been used many times before. I built my own stand that has the chute the metal ones come with. Mine has been wood, but I will likely get a metal one soon.

JACKS....wow thats an oldie but goodie. When was the last time you saw anyone play that game. Probably went out with tiddlywinks. Sorry didn't mean to Hijack the thread.

JACKS, yes that does take us back to a simpler time before computer games and such. We used to spend hours going through "onesies" "twosies" etc. It neveropccurred to me that the stripped grape cluster resembled jacks.

Rocky it isn't the whole stipped cluster. They are small boken off subclusters that are the jacks. Study a cluster of grapes in particular the stem system and it should become apparent what I am referring to.

I understand, Rich. It is like the jack, which had six projections all at 90 degrees from each neighbor. Four of them had a little rounded end that kind of look like that part of the cluster after the grape has been removed. Incidentally, when I was a kid I used to always see a "torch" (as on the Statue of Liberty) when I pulled the short stem off a grape and held it upside down.

Latest posts

Back