Rate the new star wars movie

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the new star wars movie (1 to 10)

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 6 40.0%

Votes: 5 33.3%

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
At my local movie house, you can pre-buy VIP certificates for $8.50 each, and when you buy a pair, you get a $3.00 food voucher. The certificate is good for any move (including new releases). They are also good for the Ultrascreen (72x31), which is about the same as real IMAX (72x53), and a lot bigger than jr IMAX (some as small as 50 feet wide). Jumbo Popcorn and Drink combo is $13.50 ($10.50 next of the coupon). Free parking.

We will see the new Star Wars next week when the kids are home. The movie is getting 95% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Last edited:
Now that I have had some time to review,
No Spoilers trust me,
If you were a fan of the original three, you will not be disappointed.
There are visual scenes that just make you go WOW!
Obviously when Han appears there were loud cheers (Chewie too)
Surprisingly you will find yourself laughing several times throughout. You are on the edge of seat in the middle to last portions of movie.
Lots of action lots.
Many times I did get Goosebumps yeah I know Man up. But this is Star Wars were talking here.
One negative for me, but not movies fault rather the theater I saw it in, the audio did not live up to what I had expected. Hopefully everyone will be able to see, hear and feel what JJ brings to the screen.
There are so many possibilities that open up for the future movies too!
Lastly, yes I do plan on seeing it again maybe this time in IMAX, just not a big fan of 3D.

Steve

My Son saw it last night at an IMAX theater with a friend for his 17th Birthday present. He gave it a 10 out of 10. Some of the twists in the plot were unexpected and saddened him, but that's what made it good in his opinion. He also said you need to have watched the previous ones to get some of the humor.

My little one was under the weather this morning, so I stayed home from work today. Watched Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith. 'Sith' was the only one I hadn't seen all of. I know a lot of people knock the prequels, but I enjoyed that 3rd one, and thought Clones was decent too. Prequels are out of the way and we will all watch the original three over the next 3 days. Then The Force Awakens on Tuesday.

I saw the movie last night and thought it was fantastic. It caters to both old star wars junkies like myself as well as a new generation of young fans. Tons of action, strong character development and endless storyline possibilities for Episode 8!

I expected a bigger number. I guess they haven't tallied Sunday's sales yet...

8/10 for me. V was better but this one was good. Can't wait for the next two. Oh and tickets were $5.50 for an 845 am showing. Popcorn and pop would have been $14. I passed.

Last edited:
238 million in ticket sales (so far) and only 2 votes? Movie fans we are not.

I'm on an iPad and can't see the survey. I image there are a lot of us out there.

I thought it was very good, more in the old style of SW. But, the battle scenes were wildly better. The problem I have with the last three (episodes 1 - 3) were not present in #7. Still, all of this was vaguely familiar and I was hoping for something a little more than what I got.

On a scale - better than Episode III (best of the prequels), not as good as Episode IV (best of the originals). Harrison Ford was a little too stiff for my liking. But generally, it was more character-driven than the prequels.

9/10 for me. Was kidding with our neighbors who went with us that there could have been 1 or 2 movies between VI and VII. They filled in the gaps very well, but I thought it would have been interesting to see some of the developments. Really enjoyed it though and can't wait for the next one.

Saw it last night finally. Got in to a late afternoon matinee for $7.50. Stadium seats, THX sound. Enjoyed it very much I did...... LOL

Only gets an 8 or 8.5 max. Great visuals, but it borrowed too much from the original to rate it higher, come on guys certainly you can come up with a NEWer and better WMD than a rehashed ..........

If you are a SCi-Fi fan and have not seen "The Martian" We just watched that a few nights ago and that was a 10 outa 10 for me!

Last edited:
Back