Rate the new star wars movie

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the new star wars movie (1 to 10)

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 6 40.0%

Votes: 5 33.3%

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Ok,

So I was not one of those that was smart enough to purchase movie tickets early. This means that I will probably not go see the movie for several weeks.

With this in mind, I set up this thread (I know it is a little early) so that folks that have seen the movie can give their opinion.

If it isn't too much trouble, when you have seen the move, please rate the movie on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being "horrible" and 10 being "awesome")...
Do not post any spoilers!!!!!

Last edited:
When is it coming out on DVD, ala Netflix?

The closest movie theater to me is 75 miles away, and they won't let my dog watch it with me. I'll keep my $9 (is that what a new movie cost these days?).

Not sure about your location.. 75 miles??? sheeeesh, you must really live out there (and I do not mean that as a bad thing!). Around here, movies got a whole lot more expensive...

Ticket - $15,
popcorn - $9.50
Soda - $4.50
Parking - $8.00

Total: $37.00 (and that is if I go to the movie alone).

Liked the first one, didnt like any others. Probably wont go to see this one.

First, as in 1977? Me too -- that is the only one I have ever seen!

I'd recommend the second movie from 1980 as well, it's as good or better than the first. The rest of them all vary from cheesy to just plain bad. Maybe they finally turned it around with the new one, but I'm not holding out much hope...

I agree, the sequels did seem a bit cheesy. I think that this was because they noticed that their largest fan base for the very first movie were kids to early teens. I think that this affected the other movies so that they could be more geared toward their fan base (hence the use of puppets).

I do not think that this will be the case for this movie. First, it is being directed by JJ Abrams. I do not thank that this guy has ever produced or directed a cheesy movie. Most of what he has worked on has been pretty cool.

also, I have heard that this movie will be geared more toward the existing fan base (adults) and a new fan base of video gamers. In other words, more fast paced and exciting.

I am hopeful, but unsure how this movie will play. Hence the poll...

Not sure about your location.. 75 miles??? sheeeesh, you must really live out there (and I do not mean that as a bad thing!). Around here, movies got a whole lot more expensive...

Ticket - $15,
popcorn - $9.50
Soda - $4.50
Parking - $8.00

Total: $37.00 (and that is if I go to the movie alone).

Boy, am I ever glad I live in Missouri.

Ticket - 10.25 (well actually that's 2 tickets, albeit at the 10 AM show)
Popcorn & soda - $12 - Swimming pool size of both
Parking - in parking garage just steps from the theater - Free

So yeah, living right outside of St. Louis does have it's benefits.

We typically are around $10 for matinees and 12 or more for 'regular' times. Parking typically a free perk. I was amazed to find I could get my Star Wars tix for $6.

I was going tonight, my son bought tickets for him and his wife. She said not only no but heck no, so he invited me. :D

Well today at work I stepped wrong and messed my foot up, pretty sore but nothing broke as far as I can tell.

But had to cancel on my son. He got a refund on his tickets and we will go at a later date.

You WILL NOT be disappointed!
So many things I want to say but will not

Have not seen the new star wars

this is what I remember about the original Star Wars
I used to muck out horse stall's, go shovel a load of sand into a truck bed,
sand the stall for $20.00 each.

Pick up Susan ____ go to pizza hut, medium pepperoni and a pitcher of beer
and tickets to the show and gas for the truck.
$20.00

after the movie, we would meet friends in the woods at a bonfire,
for a little get together

Yep, that there was funny!

Larry_Cable_Guy_thats_funny_right_t.jpg

As a side bar..

Did anyone watch last night's episode of The Big Bang Theory???

Hysterical!

Back