Raspberry question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RkyMtnWine

Reaction score
Preparing to do my first Kit.. WineExpert White Merlot. Will be following directions precisely. After reading step 3 (stabilizing and clearing). It brought up a question with my Raspberry/blueberry wine that is in the secondary now. On 12-4 I transferred it from the primary fermentor with sg of 1,030. Today the sg is 997, quite cloudy of course and small bubbles. This is a 3 gallon batch.. looking at the Kit instructions for step 3 it says to add metabisulphite and sorbate now... and degass.. plus with the F pack add the clarifier. Would i be wrong if i followed the kit directions for the Raspberry? the only clarifier i have is sparkolloid. Also have some bentonite.. (which was not added at the beginning). Thanks for any input you may give me.

RkyMtn,

if it has been the same sg of 997 for a coupla days then I would add the meta and sorbate and degass, it should clear on it's own. JMO

Good Luck

I agree, adding the k-meta, sorbate and degas now. If you are going to sweeten this wine then I would also do that before adding fining agent.

Back