WineXpert Rasp/choc port problem(?)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Winexpert got back to me twice today. Basically said go ahead and rack to carboy. Second time said add all sugar at once. Not sure about that. That's. OT what I'm getting here. I don't know-I'll rack tomorrow and try to stay away from it for a while. It already tastes so good.

Ok. I'll rack to a carboy tomorrow. Do I add any f-pack? When can/should I add brandy?

The fpac is where all the raspberry/choc flavor is. All you have right now is the grape wine base. Thgis is a port and designed to be very sweet! Its going to be a little sweeter then what it was designed for but not much like I said. Adding all the sugar at once like they say in the instructions has led to many many more problems then doing it this way. Many times it had shocked the yeast into stopping righte then and there after adding that chap pack! I still dont know why they havent tried to fix these instructions or find a solution to this problem, like maybe some super encapsulated yeast for this kit!

Thanks Wade. You've got a lot of patience with me. I appreciate that. One more annoying question. Do I add f-pack and keep it in the fermenter, or add it and rack to carboy? Thanks!

Thanks Wade. You've got a lot of patience with me. I appreciate that. One more annoying question. Do I add f-pack and keep it in the fermenter, or add it and rack to carboy? Thanks!

Follow the instructions for the correct steps. I might have done the sugar pack in 2 doses to be safe. Other than that mine hit all the SG readings it was supposed to hit.

I might add brandy after the next racking though.

Dont add the fpac ntil after youve added the kmeta and sorbate and that should done in carboy as per instructions. The only other things you shouldnt follow is bottling on their sched. Let this bulk age for at least a few months as it will continue to drop out sediment even after using the fining agent.

My notes from BrewTrax:
10/26 - started kit and used 1 pack of yeast, toasted oak chips. SG 1.13, PH 3.36
11/3 - SG 1.001. 2nd pack of yeast and Chap pack bringing SG to 1.022
11/8 - SG 1.002
11/10 - SG 1.000, Racked, K-Meta, Sorbate, F-Pack
Late January - tested and it's very good right now but still needs a lot more time.
Time to track again and let bulk age for a few more months.

Might add brandy if I can remember to pick some up.

It's racked. F-pack in 10 days or so. Sure tastes good now.

Clearing stabilizing and adding fpack to mine tonight, mine got down to sg 1.04,

It sat for 2weeks after clearing. I just took brew belt off. Gonna let it set like this in 3 gal carboy for several months. Do I add brandy now, or when?

Thanks chief. I can't wait to add and taste. It's been fun playing with this kit. It required tasting often. Lol

Yeah, its the biggest PITA kit out there but even when it fails to go where it should its still damn good! Im a poet and I know it!

Oh. One more thing. I forgot how much per 3 gal carboy. Thanks

Latest posts

Back