Radish wine?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jericurl

The Ferminator
Reaction score
This weekend I'll be tearing out a large portion of my summer garden and planting my fall/winter items.

I plant black spanish radishes and I'm wondering if I should plant a few more than usual to harvest and make into wine.
These are the radish I plant.

Jericurl, I don't want to discourage you from trying anything. that being said, I remember when I started this hobby I wanted to ferment everything. now I only want to ferment something I wish to drink. It takes the same amount of work to produce a wonderful Shiraz or Zinfandel as it does to produce something that likely will be used for cooking if your lucky or something that will be dumped. I would plant strawberries or blackberries and then really have something to ferment into wine. The radishes might be good fermented with sauerkraut.

Ahhhh, yes. Sauerkraut, my other love! lol.

Yes, I'm already going to be planting a fair amount to ferment with kraut and peppers.
It was just a curiousity that I wanted to see if anyone had explored.
I know that some radish and beets can be rather high in sugar content and was more curious than anything.

wow! radish, cabbage and peppers, hopefully hot peppers fermented into a kraut! it cant get much better than that!

you can ferment almost anything... you should draw the line somewhere.
if you want saur kraut wine, drink the juice, its all ready fermented.
your a very new wine maker that does not have the whole picture in a frame, yet you want to take on the fruits/vegetables that almost no one use....good luck to you.
maybe you will be the only to drink, i do not know.
arent you the person with having trouble with prickly pear.
good luck...again./

You wanna try a radish wine, try a radish wine. I'd start with a small batch though.:)

"A person with a new idea is a crank until the idea succeeds."~Mark Twain

Back