Post your labels here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why are "Plums," "Blackberries," "Cherries," and "Wine" capitalized? Why is there a period after "Plums"? Why isn't there a comma after "Blackberries"? Why is "2014" printed in the largest font on the page?

From where does the Merlot "bring out" these aromas? How about:

Hey that's good, can I use that ! :mny
Royalty free :br

I removed most of the stuff recommended in this thread
Now my wife decides she wanted something different.
So which one is better to use and what still remain a problem
Thanks
I really like the second one...much more contrast and not as "muddy" as the first. Again, it's all about communication... the first one is very dark and brooding, almost menacing. I like the feel of the second one. (still have to agree with the others on the size of the year... probably doesn't need to be the most prominent part of the design).

OK...

Yesterday and into Last night I had a Bottling and Back sweetening party. We spent nine hours bottling and bench testing various wines that I had made. At the end of the night we had three bottles half drunk or... half filled. One white and two reds. We decided to finish the white. That left the two reds. A store bought red, that no one cared for that I was using for topping off of carboys and a 3/4 full Sangiovese that was recently bottled.

I put the rest of the store bought red into the bottle of Sangiovese. Because I was submitting a bottle of Sangiovese for Minnesota State Fair Competition, I didn't want the mixed bottle close to where I had put the other Sangiovese. So I started calling that bottle "The Bastard Child" and put a cork into the neck. I figure sometime i the future I'll drink it or use it for topping off a carboy.

This morning I attached its official label.

So here is its...

As deserved. Not fancy.

Bastard Child Wine2014-07-13 10.23 [2].jpg

OK...

Yesterday and into Last night I had a Bottling and Back sweetening party. We spent nine hours bottling and bench testing various wines that I had made. At the end of the night we had three bottles half drunk or... half filled. One white and two reds. We decided to finish the white. That left the two reds. A store bought red, that no one cared for that I was using for topping off of carboys and a 3/4 full Sangiovese that was recently bottled.

I put the rest of the store bought red into the bottle of Sangiovese. Because I was submitting a bottle of Sangiovese for Minnesota State Fair Competition, I didn't want the mixed bottle close to where I had put the other Sangiovese. So I started calling that bottle "The Bastard Child" and put a cork into the neck. I figure sometime i the future I'll drink it or use it for topping off a carboy.

This morning I attached its official label.

So here is its...

As deserved. Not fancy.

Haha!
Reminds me of my labels:

This label is for the corn whisky wine I made last summer. We opened this along with others for a wine tasting late spring. It got the label later after a couple of the ladies said this one put them on the prowl, enough said.

It is a mistake of sorts. I was shooting for a higher octane wine, but used the wrong yeast, 71B instead of EC-1118. Should have ended up higher ABV, but yeast died around 14% instead of getting to 15-16%. Left the wine a little sweet, ~1.015 or so. I thought it was a flop, but even mistakes can have happy endings... :ib

One Night.jpg

Well...here is the front of two recent bottles. We have a back label for them as well. As soon as I get a photo I will upload!

IMG_0846.jpg

I thought it was a flop, but even mistakes can have happy endings... :ib

This has happened a few times for us...we never dump anything because you just never know what it will turn into. Most times it's something wonderful. :)

Got these adhered today.

DSC_0943_zps59833248.jpg

Latest posts

Back