Post your labels here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blumentopferde, I often find myself wanting to match a color in my lable (border most often) to my capsule color. But it's very hard to get a close match on my monitor. I have even tried asking the capsule manufacturers the color codes but they play dumb. I once took a capsule to a paint shop but they could only give me their mix recipe for the color. Any advice?
Krafty had a great idea with printing some boxes of color to match. Keep in mind that different printer (and monitors) will probably show a different colors. My only addition would be to go one step further once you have it narrowed down to a few colors...print each separately to find the exact one you want. Colors look different when placed next to other colors, so this will help confirm. And print on your label material since different paper stocks affect color as well.

Once you know which color prints correctly, use your graphics program to record the RGB or CMYK values. That way you can punch in the numbers to match which capsule you're going to use.

Optimus Prime on a cab sav label?! Now I've seen everything! :slp (jk)

I wanted something simple yet elegant for my soon-to-be-bottled Orange Chocolate Port...

Orange_Chocolate_Port.jpg

Your labels are much better, Shelley! I kept looking at the labels that came with the OC Port and thinking, "I can't just use that!" :re

I've got friends who don't drink wine who keep my bottles on display in their homes just because they like my labels. Silly people!

Optimus Prime on a cab sav label?! Now I've seen everything! :slp (jk)

I wanted something simple yet elegant for my soon-to-be-bottled Orange Chocolate Port...

Orange_Chocolate_Port.jpg

Funny guy. :w

I really like the Orange Chocolate Labels, classy indeed!

Shelley, you've got some of the best labels around! Don't use the kit ones if you don't have to!

I gotta make some labels with pink in them. Lost of pink labels! I placed an order for some shrink caps last week.
I ordered a big pack of 500 metalic red for my Dragon Blood, and a pack of 500 flat black (because they go with a everything).
I also got 30 yellow, 30 orange, 60 plain red, some green, some blue, and a few purple. I also ordered a pack of
30 pink shrink caps to use on my Welch's Watermelon Wonder Wine. And they sent me a pack of 500!

That's right! I've got 500 pastel pink shrink caps! I kept asking my wife, "What the heck an I going to do with 500 pink
shrink caps?!" She said, "Make a bunch of pink labels." I even called the people who sent them and told them they had
made a mistake, and they laughed! "Yes, congraduations," the guy said, "We've been trying to get rid of those."

Darn them! Darn them all!!! :m

So, here's my first pink themed label for my blend of Moscato and Dragon Blood...

Dragon_Lady.jpg

Last edited:
I also ordered a pack of
30 pink shrink caps to use on my Welch's Watermelon Wonder Wine. And they sent me a pack of 500!

That's right! I've got 500 pastel pink shrink caps! I even called the people who sent them and told them they had made a mistake, and they laughed! "Yes, congraduations," the guy saud, "We've been trying to get rid of those."

Now thats the funniest story I've heard in a long time!

I gotta make some labels with pink in them. Lost of pink labels! I placed an order for some shrink caps last week.
I ordered a big pack of 500 metalic red for my Dragon Blood, and a pack of 500 flat black (because they go with a everything).
I also got 30 yellow, 30 orange, 60 plain red, some green, some blue, and a few purple. I also ordered a pack of

That's right! I've got 500 pastel pink shrink caps! I kept asking my wife, "What the heck an I going to do with 500 pink
shrink caps?!" She said, "Make a bunch of pink labels." I even called the people who sent them and told them they had
made a mistake, and they laughed! "Yes, congraduations," the guy saud, "We've been trying to get rid of those."

So, here's my first pink themed label for my blend of Moscato and Dragon Blood...

Dragon_Lady.jpg

FUNNY!!! I needed a few of those a while back and didn't need to buy anything else at the time. Since i didn't need anything else I refused to pay $7 or more on shipping. Ended up using white shrink caps and adding a pink bow.

Jojabri,

You make really nice labels. What program do you make them with?

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Jojabri,

You make really nice labels. What program do you make them with?

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

I use a combination of Microsoft Publisher and Gimp. Not sure if its the best method, but I've used publisher since 1997, and gimp is arguably one of the best free photo manipulation softwares out there.

Plus there are plenty of tutorials for about anything you wish to do with either, the possibilities are endless.

Nice job Dave. What do you use to design the label?

So many people have asked me this question. I use an old 1999 version of Corel Draw 9. Amazingly, it works on Vista.
I have used it to make labels and stickers and envelopes over the past 15 years, and now I use it for wine labels.
I am so familiar with it's options and opperations that I can't make myself change to Gimp (way over-complicated for my purposes).
And vector graphics are down right elegant in their simplicity.

Thank you all for your kind comments...and sharing my laughs. :)

Last edited:
@dangerdave I too use Corel 9. Good to know in case one of us has questions about the Corel software or technique.

Latest posts

Back