Post your labels here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, They did turn out shiney. I have been using a cheap matte photo paper like a 34 or 38 lb,and spraying with a cheap clear acrylic from lowes to keep them from bleeding when wet, they would be a little glossy but the matte finish paper was soaking up the clear coat. I had a pack of Kodak semi-gloss brochure paper I had used on an earlier project so I thought Id try it. The problem with semi gloss or soft gloss paper is they are thicker and little more expensive, but they look ten times better and considering it only took a very light coat of the clear the saving on the clear cancels the extra cost on the paper and since I only used one light coat of clear opposed to several heavy coats on the matte paper this isnt any extra millage for the clear they really dont look to thick on the bottle. Short version, I used a lightweight semi glossy paper and sprayed with a light coat of clear acrylic, and they turned out shiney and didnt cost a lot.
Tom

Thanks, They did turn out shiney. I have been using a cheap matte photo paper like a 34 or 38 lb,and spraying with a cheap clear acrylic from lowes to keep them from bleeding when wet, they would be a little glossy but the matte finish paper was soaking up the clear coat. I had a pack of Kodak semi-gloss brochure paper I had used on an earlier project so I thought Id try it. The problem with semi gloss or soft gloss paper is they are thicker and little more expensive, but they look ten times better and considering it only took a very light coat of the clear the saving on the clear cancels the extra cost on the paper and since I only used one light coat of clear opposed to several heavy coats on the matte paper this isnt any extra millage for the clear they really dont look to thick on the bottle. Short version, I used a lightweight semi glossy paper and sprayed with a light coat of clear acrylic, and they turned out shiney and didnt cost a lot.
Tom

Your labels look great! :br

What do you use to affix the label to the bottle?

Thanks, I use glue sticks, If empty the bottle myself or get lucky enough to have it returned from whomever I give it to, I can sit them in a sink of water for about 15 miutes and when i pick them up the label just slides off.
Tom

Very nice Princess V. Any chance you could change the color of the wine in the glass to a white wine since it is for a Riesling?

Last edited:
PrincessVintah, I do like that one.
I do have to ask, is she in time out with her nose in the corner?:)
sorry couldn't resist.
Seriously though, it dose look good.

To be honest, I have a hard time reading the name of the font. It's something like Santos Dumont, I think. We used PicMonkey to add the text. We did try to change the color of the wine as well as the color of the dress, thinking that maybe we'd change it with each different wine we make. But unfortunately I am completely incompetent at those things. But we still liked the look of the label, and decided to go with it. If any of you know of good/inexpensive programs that we could use to change the colors I'd be interested. Just wasn't so easy with PicMonkey.

Thanks for all the kind words.

Howdy, Here is my cherry labrusca label. (thanks for recipe Duster, turned out pretty tasty)
Tom

Anytime Tom, Glad you liked it and like I said, it is one of my favorites. followed closely by this years blueberry but it still needs some age.

I e tried using Avery all night to make a label and it has locked up all night!!!!! >:/

That's a beautiful label, but your avatar is junk!!! Lol. I had to say that being a Vol fan. That is something that is becoming harder to say everyday.

tatud4life said:
That's a beautiful label, but your avatar is junk!!! Lol. I had to say that being a Vol fan. That is something that is becoming harder to say everyday.

It's ok....I was once confused too as a child growing up in East TN. For you see, I also partook of the orange koolaid. All that changed about a year ago. Vanderbilt pays my wife's salary and they paid for half of my tuition for my Masters, so I have to give credit where credit is due.

Rough draft for my blackberry jam wine.
Artist credit-Luis Royo

Blackberry-2.jpg

jrd5173 said:
It's ok....I was once confused too as a child growing up in East TN. For you see, I also partook of the orange koolaid. All that changed about a year ago. Vanderbilt pays my wife's salary and they paid for half of my tuition for my Masters, so I have to give credit where credit is due.

Lol!! I love orange koolaid!!! I don't blame you though for your allegiance. It's hard to go against your alma mater.

Cedar, that is probably one of the best labels I've seen. Very nice!!! Makes me want to go out and drink some blackberry jam wine right now!

tatud4life said:
Cedar, that is probably one of the best labels I've seen. Very nice!!! Makes me want to go out and drink some blackberry jam wine right now!

Haha, I've wanted to start a wine a couple times just because of the awesome labels people have made here :)

Back