Post your labels here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay here is my miserable attempt at trying to do another label... please don't laugh but what do you all think?

TropicalDaze.png

@ Jim- Hellcat!! Yes! That is great!

@ Carolyn- I agree with dralarms the yellow fade om the bottom word art does fade in a bit. Are you using MS Publisher?

@ Gwand- I use a combo of Grabbing starter images from Google then modifying with MS Publisher and GIMP (if neccessary). GIMP is also free, and many window computers automatically come with MS Publisher pre-installed. If you reallly don't wanna mess with having to go hard core, like Geronimo mentioned, you can google search "Custom wine labels" or something similar. From there you can simly use a Snipping tool and save the label.

@ Redboatny- LOVE LOVE LOVE that 2nd one!

Redboat,
I really like the labels, especially the Diamond Niagara!

Carolyn,
I do like the label, but agree the lower text has to have darker colors to stand out more. I would also make the lower text font smaller so as not to detract from the 2014 and winery name. IMHO, the ABV, Tropical juice blend , and Product of Ontario are not as important as the rest of the text and therefore don't deserve as much label real estate. Maybe the Tropical juice Blend can be eliminated because it is slightly redundant with the name saying it all. A dark outline around the letters will make it stand out better without changing colors.

I do love the design!

Thanks everyone! I'll do more tweaking! I love those labels redboat!

Okay, here are a few more options: the first pic is an orange and the 2nd is cherry red, third is same color but with the normal spelling of the word "days" I really am not sure if I want to go with animated or maybe something more serious... so I'll pay around with a non-animated version too! Thanks in advance for your advice! I think I'm leaning toward the normal spelling of the word... but who knows!

TropicalDazeRedbld.jpg

TropicalDazeCherrybld.jpg

TropicalDaysCherrybld.jpg

Infierno, in Spanish, means Hell. The label is Spanish for Hell Cat.

Inferno is the Italian spelling.

Carolyn,
I like the red from the choices above. I like using text colors that compliment the picture. Often times colors that are within the picture and darkened/lightened a shade or two. Maybe darker blues and turquoise colors will work. I'm no artist! It is easier to make comments after I see it than suggestion before. DangerDave is good at color choices and what compliments the background.

I love the boardwalk jutting out!

I think this pic looks better but have no idea what coloured font to go with, perhaps it's the bold font that's in your face? or not?

I'm liking it! You might try a drop shadow on the font if you want it to stand out more without more color.

Carolyn,
I like the red from the choices above. I like using text colors that compliment the picture. Often times colors that are within the picture and darkened/lightened a shade or two. Maybe darker blues and turquoise colors will work. I'm no artist! It is easier to make comments after I see it than suggestion before. DangerDave is good at color choices and what compliments the background.

Ya you're right! I couldn't put my finger on it, but the red looks lipsticky and a little smutty lol I'll try some blues!

What about the spelling of the word Days? vs Daze?

TropicalDaysDockblu2.jpg

TropicalDaysDockblu2nobold.jpg

Last edited:
Carolyn,

Oops I thought you said you didn't like the red so I did some in blue also.. I updated my post... what do you think? I appreciate your feedback JetJockey!

Redboat, I really like that red and green apple label, it reminds me of snow white, the wicked witch and the poisonous apple - how'd you do that!

I grabbed the pics from Allposters.com. I use paint.net to resize, crop, add borders and text. Flatten art work and save as jpg. I then insert in a Word document with 4 or 6 per page. I went to Staples and had 148 printed for $20., I cant buy ink for that, and theirs is much better. I even used their trimmer for over an hour. Some were printed on parchment, some on regular heavy paper. I apply them with milk. It holds reasonably well, and removes easily.

That's awesome! I had that idea of bringing mine to print because you are right ink cartridges are steep and you run out so fast... I'm getting low on ink too. Did u have them printed or color copied?

Latest posts

Back