Post your labels here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the nice comments! My wife and I are still fighting on finding the right size and colors - it's a work in progress. It helps that she is a graphic designer. And while it took us several months to put the ideas together I feel it's going in the right direction.

Personally I am fond of the green traminette label with the yellow T in the crest. It looks stunning on the bottle.

After a long time away from the forums and a year on the road away from my wines, I'm back to the grindstone. Since I'm soaking bottles to remove labels, I thought I'd come over here and see what's been happening. I'm glad to see that the world of homebrew (ho-mentation?) is still awesome.

This is the label off my first bottling. It's a photoshopped version that I did to see if I'd hate it, and I didn't, so there it is. It looks almost identical to that, only on a bottle when it's been put, you know, on a bottle. My second bottling was the same, only for a different wine. I'll put similar labels on my current (double) batch once the stupid bottles are done.

And for the curious, I live in a weird little 2-house area with an apartment fenced in and friendly that we've long been calling "the compound" in a tongue-in-cheek reference to the fact that we're all fenced in here together, so it seemed to make sense that the "winery" be Compound as well.

I am a long way away from bottling anything but making labels has been giving me something to do while my 2 year old son sits on my lap watching Thomas the Train on Youtube.

All labels made from photos I took:

grandred2.jpg

amarone1.jpg

barolo1.jpg

rosso1.jpg

cheticampwine1.jpg

Monastrellbw1.jpg

grenacheshiraz.jpg

I am a long way away from bottling anything but making labels has been giving me something to do while my 2 year old son sits on my lap watching Thomas the Train on Youtube.

All labels made from photos I took:

Wow those are all nice lol!

Haha! A newly labelled bottle is always to pretty to open up and drink! I posted a pic of this wine with all black shrink caps on the dragon blood wine recipe thread, less tacky I think without all the gold.

Back Label Example For Our Winery

We are currently trademarking a few names for the winery we hope to
start in a few years. Getting a lot of the trademarks and legal
stuff out of the way as that takes a while anyway
Here is an example of a back label we will be using
Wife is working on the front side label.
I think all the requirements have been added
What do you think
Thanks

View attachment Back_label_2.pdf

What do you think
Thanks

You may want to spell check the back label. Varietal and Kieselsol are misspelled. Didn't check the whole thing though. I don't know if it was your PDF conversion, but a lot of words appear to be run together, especially in the "Government Warning".

Thanks I see what you are saying

Will do those corrections not sure why the label software crunched all those words together like that

What do you think
Thanks
Love the name Darkharvest. 2 things to think about from a design perspective...

labels are very small canvases to work on, so efficiency and knowing the limitations of the printer is important. You've got a lot going on on the back label and it might be hard to see (especially the picture) and read depending on the size of the label.

I also noticed that the word Darkharvest is kind of a hard, sci-fi sounding word, and the font used really reinforces that (it could be without that font I wouldn't have thought that about the word). The by-line "in harmony..." is more soft and earthy. The two ideas can certainly work together, but there seems to be a little bit of different directions right now.

I looking forward to seeing the front label with that name!:b

DarkHarvest refers to the harvest in the dark aspects of the year
such as the months of October.
In the old days the harvest was celebrated in October as it is in many
countries still. Ours name refers to the harvest time in the late evening
when the grapes are harvested and processed in the cool evening air as the
sun is slowly sinking in the far horizon. The in harmony is an aspect as the planet goes to sleep a type of metaphor to the evening as things quiet down
and the trauma of the fruit being severed from it plant is reduced do to slower
photosynthesis action in the vine.
I hope this makes some sense.
Thanks for the comment

DarkHarvest refers to the harvest in the dark aspects of the year
such as the months of October.
In the old days the harvest was celebrated in October as it is in many
countries still. Ours name refers to the harvest time in the late evening
when the grapes are harvested and processed in the cool evening air as the
sun is slowly sinking in the far horizon. The in harmony is an aspect as the planet goes to sleep a type of metaphor to the evening as things quiet down
and the trauma of the fruit being severed from it plant is reduced do to slower
photosynthesis action in the vine.
I hope this makes some sense.
Thanks for the comment
Very eloquently put, and as a winemaker I immediately got the connection. My only point is that design is visual and visceral, and I'm not sure the Star Trek font is helping convey that story.

Latest posts

Back