Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today Ms. Jswordy and I made a trip to the Wheeler National Wildlife refuge to go sandhill crane watching (and Canada geese, and ducks, and a whooping crane, and turtles...), and wound up making a serendipitous trip to the Cross-Eyed Owl Brewing Company in Decatur, AL, owned by my old friend Keith Yager. Yager's alchemy has already created from scratch the lineup for one popular craft brew brand in Huntsville, AL, and now he is building another. We ran into Keith after we popped in to the RailYard in Decatur for lunch. Even though his place is open 4-9 p.m., Keith sneaked us in the door early for samples. Mmmmm!!! Great to see him again, and by golly, he knows how to make some damned fine beers.

IMG_20240201_140145406.jpgIMG_20240201_140203126.jpg

IMG_20240201_140314879.jpg

IMG_20240201_140559001.jpg

IMG_20240201_140156377_MP.jpg

IMG_20240201_142654451.jpg

Last edited:
Found this today while pruning vines.

View attachment 110004

I'm doing the same thing, but with blueberries. I have 9 to go, and the weather here is warming fast so I gotta get to it later today again. Cutting them way back this year. It'll ruin our harvest this summer but it will make a better haul in the future. I finally broke down and got these. Cuts a 1-1/2" branch and gets 1,100 cuts to the charge. Wow, it makes it a lot easier and faster!

IMG_3809.JPG

I'm doing the same thing, but with blueberries. I have 9 to go, and the weather here is warming fast so I gotta get to it later today again. Cutting them way back this year. It'll ruin our harvest this summer but it will make a better haul in the future. I finally broke down and got these. Cuts a 1-1/2" branch and gets 1,100 cuts to the charge. Wow, it makes it a lot easier and faster!

View attachment 110016
Oh I have to get one of those. Hands are getting older and the vines thinker. And I have blueberries, plus raspberries, apples, pears, plums, and apples.

Oh I have to get one of those. Hands are getting older and the vines thinker. And I have blueberries, plus raspberries, apples, pears, plums, and apples.

I am very much impressed. Got it online at Home Depot and had them deliver it for free. Just watch your fingers! 😄 We have 25 blueberry bushes and loads of trees to trim.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back