Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now it's way, way, way too much work for the younger generation. Just speed dial & your done.
You don't even have to call and place an order these days. It's all done with a few clicks on an app including paying by CC and delivery in 30 mins or less.

I must be really old. My wife makes pizza from scratch including our own deer sausage as one of the toppings!
Nothing but Ho-made here as well. Its a 20 mile round trip to pick up a pizza for us. We do a weekly pizza with King Author 00 Pizza flour with overnight rise. Better than any Domino's for sure.

I must be really old. My wife makes pizza from scratch including our own deer sausage as one of the toppings!

Yeah, my mom was first-generation Italian-American and made pizzas from scratch, too. She wouldn't allow these in the house. I think I may have had one of these one time, and didn't care for it. But they sold thousands, at 55 cents each – and a joke's a joke! 🤣

Screenshot 2024-01-05 at 10.46.50 AM.png

Nothing but Ho-made here as well. Its a 20 mile round trip to pick up a pizza for us. We do a weekly pizza with King Author 00 Pizza flour with overnight rise. Better than any Domino's for sure.

A local pizza joint offers the two LARGE pizzas we like for $18.69 picked up, tax included (14 mile round trip). That's for BOTH, and they are delicious! It was my requested supper for my birthday. (I almost took a pic of it and posted it here. Next time.) I make pizzas, too, but for the quality and price for TWO that I can get for less than $20, I call them more than I make 'em.

A local pizza joint offers the two LARGE pizzas we like for $18.69 picked up, tax included (14 mile round trip). That's for BOTH, and they are delicious! It was my requested supper for my birthday. (I almost took a pic of it and posted it here. Next time.) I make pizzas, too, but for the quality and price for TWO that I can get for less than $20, I call them more than I make 'em.

Remember, the pizza prices shown here are buy one, get one at the same or lesser price.

menu-Rafaels-Italian-Restaurant.jpg

We have deer in our pastures every day, especially a stupid six-point buck right now who knows he is safe from guns there (and tomorrow ends the rifle season), but we have never exceeded the count on this day about 10 years ago, when there were like 13 out there in one pasture and I could not get them all in the camera lens at the same time.

DEER 002.jpg

I spent part of my afternoon checking out distilling day at Irons Distillery in Huntsville, AL. Many thanks to Jeff and John for being such gracious hosts, answering my questions, and letting me observe the "from my hands to yours" process! Great guys!

Jeff answering my millionth question. 😄 I enjoy every visit with him.

IMG_20240109_133429927.jpg

In the background are the mash tuns, in the foreground is the distilled product pot. The still was built by Confederate Stills of America in Childersburg, AL.

IMG_20240109_133937867.jpg

We have deer in our pastures every day, especially a stupid six-point buck right now who knows he is safe from guns there (and tomorrow ends the rifle season), but we have never exceeded the count on this day about 10 years ago, when there were like 13 out there in one pasture and I could not get them all in the camera lens at the same time.

View attachment 109050
20181218_134328.jpg
My view. Plus white tail deer.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back