Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think of going to work here. In winter it can take 6 hours just to get to the TV/Radio towers site. Truck, followed by snow cat, followed by digging out the doors. This is near Salt Lake City on the mountain.

Attachments

• Farmsworth peak Utah.jpg
    Farmsworth peak Utah.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Farnsworth snow.jpg
    Farnsworth snow.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Kittens are my Achilles heal.
I feed a very feral cat on the deck and a few weeks back she brought her kittens for the free food. Mom has terrible mother instincts - she'd feed them a couple times a day and disappear. Unfortunately one by one they disappeared until only one was left and she didn't know she was supposed to be feral. If I was on the deck she was rubbing against my leg. One chilly morning I found her curled in a corner trying to stay warm. I said "Dammit" and brought her in the house.
"Gypsy" is the newest household member and she sleeps with me every night.

DSC_4382-Edit.jpg

Kittens are my Achilles heal.
I feed a very feral cat on the deck and a few weeks back she brought her kittens for the free food. Mom has terrible mother instincts - she'd feed them a couple times a day and disappear. Unfortunately one by one they disappeared until only one was left and she didn't know she was supposed to be feral. If I was on the deck she was rubbing against my leg. One chilly morning I found her curled in a corner trying to stay warm. I said "Dammit" and brought her in the house.
"Gypsy" is the newest household member and she sleeps with me every night.

View attachment 108302
Now I know what the K stands for...

I think we all have this weakness. Last year there were 4 kittens playing on the road. Mom was... hesitant, not super jumpy, but they had to be feral. We were keeping an eye out and one even got named, but I think nature ran it's course before we got to adopt.

My neighbor has adopted 3 cats from his neighbor who is only held minorly in contempt for her lack of spading and neutering. The last one was a big feral male that moved into the backside of the shed which is open storage. He did alright through the first winter with some snacks and blankets left out, but they were worried he wouldn't survive the -40 to -50 spells we tend to hit every year. It took him 6 months of small advances, but Feral now lives in the shop and is the third 'shop' cat. It took another 6 months to get him to the vet to get fixed, but they managed and without the spraying everyone is happy.

Kittens always get a pass, but it seems most anything that we can live in harmony with is welcome in the country.

I thought this was an El Nino year?? It's so hard to tell, weather will be what weather will be.
Fixed it. LOL All I know is that I just got out my snow blower for 6" of snow. Now normally 6" of snow would be nothing to shovel off my drive but I could not lift a full shovel of snow after moving it 2 feet. Even my snow blower was choking on this stuff. Heavy, wet snow and since this is a Pacific front the temps are warmer than an arctic front so its 37 right now and turning to slush fast. This stuff has tons of water in it and it is heading east after it leaves us tonight so look out! Big rains coming to the east coast in a couple days!

Fixed it. LOL All I know is that I just got out my snow blower for 6" of snow. Now normally 6" of snow would be nothing to shovel off my drive but I could not lift a full shovel of snow after moving it 2 feet. Even my snow blower was choking on this stuff. Heavy, wet snow and since this is a Pacific front the temps are warmer than an arctic front so its 37 right now and turning to slush fast. This stuff has tons of water in it and it is heading east after it leaves us tonight so look out! Big rains coming to the east coast in a couple days!

We could use those big rains here in Missouri. They say we are 8 or more inches below normal for the year. I did just look at the weather reports and they say 67% chance on Sat, but probably not really enough to make up much of that difference. Isn't the snow to rainfall factor something like 10 inches of snow is 1 inch of rain?? But every little bit will help us out.

Back