Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Along with the vineyard, I have a fruit orchard and some nut trees. Chestnut, filbert, black walnut and English walnuts.

English walnuts had a nice crop this year. This is a 6' X 7' pile of walnuts, about 2 layers thick. Spread out to dry. Probably another bucket full in the trees. Depends who gets them, me, the squirrels or the blue Jays! IMG_20231009_121158701.jpg

Nice chestnuts just starting to drop

IMG_20231008_164410541.jpg

Along with the vineyard, I have a fruit orchard and some nut trees. Chestnut, filbert, black walnut and English walnuts.

English walnuts had a nice crop this year. This is a 6' X 7' pile of walnuts, about 2 layers thick. Spread out to dry. Probably another bucket full in the trees. Depends who gets them, me, the squirrels or the blue Jays! View attachment 106393

Nice chestnuts just starting to drop

View attachment 106392

Nice! This is supposed to be a "mast year," and our black walnut has been littering the yard and dropping them on the roof daily. My wife is threatening to get a helmet! The utility company killed our chestnut tree, but we used to have folks stop by to get them every year.

My Dad helped calibrate the gyros for the Saturn V. Mom worked with the human factors for capsule layout and uncle worked on test firing the Saturn Vs. All vack in the 60s. And I'm in the general area.

Best Place to Live 2023, and Best Place to Raise a Family, 2023-24, by "US News & World Report." The joint is ballooning with people! I'm retired from UAH.

Back