Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know that. I was pulling your chain. We got about 2 inches where I live northeast of Birmingham. 20 miles north of us got probably 6 to 8 inches, and some areas about 50 miles got 12 inches. Roads are clear.

Good deal. You never know, about the pulling my chain bit. I try to stand up for farming practices, many of which have common-sense reasons behind them but have been much maligned.

Morning Cafe' Du Monde coffee on the deck...

How do you like the French press? I'm an espresso fan and not perticularly fond of "american" coffee and always wondered about the taste difference between the press and the pot.

How do you like the French press? I'm an espresso fan and not perticularly fond of "american" coffee and always wondered about the taste difference between the press and the pot.

You may like the Aeropress (aeoropress.com). It gives the flavors of a French Press without much of the hassle. It is a very nice option.

French Press...

GeoS,

The best coffee I've ever had comes from a French Press.

Drop in your favorite coffee, as much or as little as you like.

Water should be just under boiling.

I favor clear glass cups. if I can see through it, its too weak. Lol

They are inexpensive, and give you control over a great cup of coffee.

Avantjour

I bought me a French Press a cheap one always want to try. Yes I do like it. Made to take camping Gander Mountain so I'll take it this summer for the mornings. It's my after work drink.

Another favorite coffee...

Another of my favorite summertime coffees, "Ca Phe Sua Da"
Vietnamese iced coffee.

It can be served hot as well "Ca Phe Sua Nong". Like a Cafe Au Lait.

Cafe Du Monde, Sweetened Condensed Milk brewed in a single serving French filter.

There's a different taste profile if the Sweetened Condensed Milk is put in the cup first or added later.

After it's brewed it's poured over ice in a glass.

Enjoy...

Ca Phe Sua Da  Resized 400.jpg

For Ca Phe Sua Da  Resized 400.jpg

wine storage

Thanks, everyone!

Yes, it was designed to hold, at absolute maximum capacity, 468 bottles. Due to "construction irregularities" I think it will be about 450.

The closet to its left was my original one from about 6 years ago. (Photo below.) It holds another hundred. I can keep some under the stairs, too, to get me close to my target of 700 bottles storage capacity for aging purposes.

Hi, SG. I've just been looking back through old posts of wine storage ideas, and came across your post from 4/28 last year showing your older wine closet. Would you mind sharing some dimensions and details of that one? I've looked at your plans for your newer wine closet, but this older one looks more like the kind of space I have. Did you use four 2x2's for your angles?
Thanks!
Nell

Hi, SG. I've just been looking back through old posts of wine storage ideas, and came across your post from 4/28 last year showing your older wine closet. Would you mind sharing some dimensions and details of that one? I've looked at your plans for your newer wine closet, but this older one looks more like the kind of space I have. Did you use four 2x2's for your angles?
Thanks!
Nell

Sure, I can give you some dimensions after I get to measure it. In the meantime, yes, I used 2x2's It was not just 4, however. I guess it was 8, plus another one. Let me explain.

The way I did it was to stack these, so one 2x2 goes from upper left to lower right, and the next one goes from upper right to lower left. I did 8 in this fashion. Then, the final one was cut in half, "filling out" the last full one. So, if the last full one went from, say upper right to lower left, I added a half-piece that went from upper left to the middle, and another half-piece that went from the middle to the lower right.

I will post more later, probably much later, but let me know if you follow me so far.

Sure, I can give you some dimensions after I get to measure it. In the meantime, yes, I used 2x2's It was not just 4, however. I guess it was 8, plus another one. Let me explain.

The way I did it was to stack these, so one 2x2 goes from upper left to lower right, and the next one goes from upper right to lower left. I did 8 in this fashion. Then, the final one was cut in half, "filling out" the last full one. So, if the last full one went from, say upper right to lower left, I added a half-piece that went from upper left to the middle, and another half-piece that went from the middle to the lower right.

I will post more later, probably much later, but let me know if you follow me so far.

Oh, cool, yes I follow you. I thought you had notched each one like you did your 1x8's, but stacking them makes much more sense. Thanks! I'll look forward to seeing your dimensions when you get a chance.

Oh, cool, yes I follow you. I thought you had notched each one like you did your 1x8's, but stacking them makes much more sense. Thanks! I'll look forward to seeing your dimensions when you get a chance.

Okay, horizontally, the dimension is 25", and the vertical dimension of each square is 26.5".

You might think that, because it is a square, the dimensions should be the same. But the 2x2's are cut at a 45 deg angle, and so the extent along the one direction must be longer than the other direction (unless you were to make a "point" on the ends of each of the 2x2s.

Do you need other info?

Okay, horizontally, the dimension is 25", and the vertical dimension of each square is 26.5".

You might think that, because it is a square, the dimensions should be the same. But the 2x2's are cut at a 45 deg angle, and so the extent along the one direction must be longer than the other direction (unless you were to make a "point" on the ends of each of the 2x2s.

Do you need other info?

No, I think I can take it from there. Thank you!

Latest posts

Back