Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A trying day for my wife. First, she ordered a pattern online to make a fancy reversable cloth hat, I think a sunhat of sorts. Missing templates, lack of directions. So she moved onto project #2, had issues with the sewing machine.

There MAY be a common theme with these issues, take a look at this image I took before she put things away and see if you can figure out what it might be. Note: we are on vacation, so I'm not judging in any way, lol!

6-15-23_sewing.jpg

These screw tops were included in my used bottle batch. I won't be using them today, but I im wondering if these are possibly corkable. The glass thickness is the same in the corked bottle. 0.304", but the thick band is thicker on the screw top.

Anyone know of hybrid bottles?

PXL_20230616_191047677.jpg
PXL_20230616_192128950.jpg

These screw tops were included in my used bottle batch. I won't be using them today, but I im wondering if these are possibly corkable. The glass thickness is the same in the corked bottle. 0.304", but the thick band is thicker on the screw top.
I would not use them, as they are not designed to handle the stress of cork insertion or extraction.

Putting up posts with wire filler. Can't hardly see it here. Had seven hours in it today and was intent on finishing the side but the long 1/2" H-D Diablo brand drill bit quit after THREE holes. Utter junk. Have to go get a real bit somewhere. The only Diablo tool I have been happy with is their circular saw blades. Yes, my posts are tied in with 1/2" carriage bolts. They do not wobble.

Everything's all blocked and hurricane tied down. Wifie's summertime plant watering pipe has been installed (see it near the downspout?). So far, I have 8 days in this phase. Once I get both side railings up, then comes the decking, then comes the end posts and wire and woodwork. Pretty exhausted. :)

IMG_3161.JPG

IMG_3163.JPG

Anyone know of hybrid bottles?

View attachment 102403
View attachment 102404

My Grandfather, the ole Italian winemaker from the Old Country via Ellis Island, used to reuse Gallo screw top bottles all the time. Never had an issue. Makes me wonder how much of the cork thing is marketing mixed with a bit of snootery. :p Cheers, Grandpa!

G&G DiIULIO.PNG

Back