Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was up in town playing Santa and had to make a quick stop for some slow moving venison in the middle of the road........

Pretty decent sized buck!

View attachment 69354

View attachment 69355
Nice! You don't see any slow movers up here in New England. More like lightning bolts. Very seldom see the white tail deer here during the day. They're very active at night.

Multiple exposures of the meteor shower last night. It peaks tonight but we're expecting cloud cover. It was really cold out by our standards so I mostly let the camera do the work, set for 99 exposures at 10 sec. each and then watched the sky for a few minutes then ran back inside till time to start it again. Total of 700 photos and ended up with 10 frames with meteors in them. Managed to drink a few beers even handicapped by mittensGeminids2.jpgGeminids.jpgSelfie.JPG.

Multiple exposures of the meteor shower last night. It peaks tonight but we're expecting cloud cover. It was really cold out by our standards so I mostly let the camera do the work, set for 99 exposures at 10 sec. each and then watched the sky for a few minutes then ran back inside till time to start it again. Total of 700 photos and ended up with 10 frames with meteors in them. Managed to drink a few beers even handicapped by mittensView attachment 69364View attachment 69365View attachment 69366.

When you say really cold, what temperature are we talking about?

Well it was a toasty 36 last night between 9 and 11pm and the clouds held off for a while so I set up and shot another 500 pics. 12 frames caught meteors and there were quite a few of bigger ones than Sat night including the green fireball at the bottom that I didn't get to see because at that moment I was sitting on my butt in front of the fireplace. I've combined the 12 into a composite of layers in Photoshop and, other than increasing the exposure, didn't alter the meteors at all.
Next up, Monday the 21st and hopefully it's GeminidsCompositNite2.jpgclear enough to try to catch the Christmas Star.

Multiple exposures of the meteor shower last night. It peaks tonight but we're expecting cloud cover. It was really cold out by our standards so I mostly let the camera do the work, set for 99 exposures at 10 sec. each and then watched the sky for a few minutes then ran back inside till time to start it again. Total of 700 photos and ended up with 10 frames with meteors in them. Managed to drink a few beers even handicapped by mittensView attachment 69364View attachment 69365View attachment 69366.

I WANT THAT KOOZIE! :D

That reminds me, I saw a Tee shirt yesterday that said "I'm not arguing with you, I'm explaining why I'm right!"

On a different note, I have always liked "I didn't say it was your fault. I said that I was blaming you."

Back