Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My daughter has been texting me pics and how beautiful that villa is, just look at that view, just amazing and they have a pool that is just.....
Was over in DR last Jan, but will have to wait awhile before going back to LifeStyle Vacations resorts. Had a great time there.
The reopening date of the resort has CHANGED!

Puerto Plata
– November 20, 2020
Punta Cana – December 15, 2020
Cabarete – December 15, 2020
1599481748194.png

Was over in DR last Jan, but will have to wait awhile before going back to LifeStyle Vacations resorts. Had a great time there.
The reopening date of the resort has CHANGED!

Puerto Plata
– November 20, 2020
Punta Cana – December 15, 2020
Cabarete – December 15, 2020
View attachment 65707

I assume the opening date for that hotel?
My 2nd daughter is flying this Wednesday and will stay at the Riu Palace in Punta Cana this Friday, so many resorts already open in Punta Cana for sure, if not all!!

I know it's a poor krafftsman craftsman who blames his tools and I've posted some nice pics here but have felt a bit limited by my 15 year old EOS Rebel XT that was a hand me down from my brother. In exchange for my next happy birthday-thanksgiving-christmas-newyears-aprilfools-fathers-etc day presents I ordered and just received today a new camera. This is considered an "entry level" full frame camera and is light years ahead in resolution and capabilities to my XT. Charging up the battery now and only have about 485 more pages to read on my first take of the manual. 610 page pdf but in truthfulness just a little over 200 pages in the supplied printed manual to go through. I'm hoping to get some test photos taken over the weekend and maybe shoot the some of the same shots with the xt for comparison. I was fortunate that my 100-300mm lens matches the EF mount. All my other lenses do not fit so for now I just bought 2 new for my basic set up of a 50mm, 17-40 tele and the 100-300 tele. Maybe more as Needed.

canonBackPack&tripod.jpgCanonPackedUp.jpgcanonBaseSetup.jpg

I know it's a poor krafftsman craftsman who blames his tools and I've posted some nice pics here but have felt a bit limited by my 15 year old EOS Rebel XT that was a hand me down from my brother. In exchange for my next happy birthday-thanksgiving-christmas-newyears-aprilfools-fathers-etc day presents I ordered and just received today a new camera. This is considered an "entry level" full frame camera and is light years ahead in resolution and capabilities to my XT. Charging up the battery now and only have about 485 more pages to read on my first take of the manual. 610 page pdf but in truthfulness just a little over 200 pages in the supplied printed manual to go through. I'm hoping to get some test photos taken over the weekend and maybe shoot the some of the same shots with the xt for comparison. I was fortunate that my 100-300mm lens matches the EF mount. All my other lenses do not fit so for now I just bought 2 new for my basic set up of a 50mm, 17-40 tele and the 100-300 tele. Maybe more as Needed.

View attachment 65844View attachment 65845View attachment 65846
Wanna trade? Hahaha. I have the 7D. As a hobbyist, I love it, but never did manage to read the whole manual.

View attachment 65844View attachment 65845View attachment 65846

So, I am guessing you took the picture of the new camera using the old camera? Kinda like that riddle about the small town that only had two barbers? :)

So, I am guessing you took the picture of the new camera using the old camera? Kinda like that riddle about the small town that only had two barbers? :)
Exactly, here's the only pic I've taken so far, on accident, while setting up and touching all the buttons. wasn't even on full auto but look at the focus on the lens on the table and the color. I had to resize down to load so lost some resolution.
IMG_0001.jpeg

Praying for everyone on the West coast. We have been in your shoes as well. We burned up (literally) in 2000 with the Cerro Grande fire and then what was left still standing burned to the ground in 2011 with the Las Conchas fire. Not much forrest left to burn in NM that has not burned already to some extent. Even the only forrest way down South burned up in 2012 with the Little Bear fire. They actually lifted all restrictions this past week in what's left of our forrest. That cold front that came though mid week left behind lots of moisture in the form of snow and rain. We got almost an inch here at the house.

I don't even want to see a fire!

It's so dry here and so many fires going, you'll get fined for farting in the forrest.

Last edited:
Back