Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bottle is Watermelon wine I'm PATIENTLY waiting to rack (and age). It started off with a 'spoilt' smell and flavour but has been improving in the bottle at least.

Thing on wall, is a laptop, power supply, with a 150W, boost circuit attached. It's powering a 60W, Cree, LED, on an old CPU heatsink with fan. Output is probably>3000 lumens at max but, I almost never use it at that level. I couldn't stand the bulb on the wall, shining in my eye alll day, so made something interesting to light up the apt. :)

Attachments

• 20200819_182027.jpg
    20200819_182027.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 28
Yesterday I decided to replace a couple of 18yr old sprinkler valves that had failed. This is what I found after removing the cover from one of the valve boxes, looks cozy. You can see they had been chewing on the wires, but at least none of the wires had been fully chewed through. After replacing the valves and repairing the wires, I left a few "special treats" for our visitors.

IMG_0728.JPG

Yesterday I decided to replace a couple of 18yr old sprinkler valves that had failed. This is what I found after removing the cover from one of the valve boxes, looks cozy. You can see they had been chewing on the wires, but at least none of the wires had been fully chewed through. After replacing the valves and repairing the wires, I left a few "special treats" for our visitors.

View attachment 65143
Never had rodents in my irrigation valve boxes, but they get into our tractors every year up at the property. They use the same play book up there, chewing through wires and making nests. Typically, the nests get built in between the fan housing and fan in front of the radiator, either jamming up the blade when you start the tractor, or blowing nest particles all over the inside of the engine compartment. We started leaving poison bait blocks on the tractors when we aren't going to be using them for a few weeks / months.

Potted up a dahlia tuber (a bit late) since I didn't have a great place to put it in the garden this year. When watering the driveway garden this morning (tomatoes, basil, few other herbs in pots) I finally got rewarded for my efforts (yeah, put tuber in pot, cover with soil, water, fertilize every few weeks, real tough).

8-28-20_dahlia.jpg

Latest posts

Back