Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would have thunk it... A Black Bear Dietitian/Nutritionist expert on WMT! :h

Just thinking in terms of making the "harvest" more tasty for you...

You'll have a solid foundation to put your tripod and rifle on the new back porch. If that bear comes down the driveway you can drop it, no problem. You can then dress it in the driveway (verses the field).

Oh, c'mon, this thread BEGS for the old joke:

Montana Grizzly Bear Notice:

In light of the rising frequency of human/grizzly bear
conflicts, the Montana Department of Fish and Game
is advising hikers, hunters, and fishermen to take extra
precautions and keep alert for bears while in the field.
We advise that outdoorsmen wear noisy little bells on
their clothing so as not to startle the bears that aren't
expecting them. We also advise outdoorsmen to carry
pepper spray with them in case of an encounter with a
bear.

It is also a good idea to watch out for fresh signs of bear
activity. Outdoorsmen should recognize the difference
between black bear and grizzly bear scat. Scat from black bears
is smaller and contains a lot of berry seeds and squirrel fur.
Scat from Grizzly bears has little bells in it and smells like pepper.

Installment #1 of 2, for a random sampling from Oshkosh.

Is that the fly-in? If so, I did that once, back in '80, with a pilot friend (now he's an LAX air traffic control manager). LOTS of touch and go's!

vmQoxEYQ2SH8XMcgD7u8CNYaauz6DhBl6XMUDRaAGZ1QUTymZoAWIXZXko7C6IZVrGMH64__PxfbD1LwSlI8frnk-iayPWXpJ31asi8X7xY_uNUc88OM1QsC4C8JHJ3RKl5_UA1U6w

Wn7ZIGw8P-oVWw7ZKuezd5WMGSrOdK4iz9qhTuu_b8vKXEVQ8bqWEdozy0VsXn95xmrjPHMS9GU7iWASBTmd14ZrAVJAZxLI9X6G8799sPc5IYEr7WlSnMcSZTZdcapQHR3MLgzySQ

These 2 photos were taken yesterday morning. One of my brothers owns and flies a two seat paraplane. The takeoff is from my brothers hunting property in Franklin County, Dublin Township, PA. The shot from his paraplane has to be from somewhere close by. Calm winds are necessary for safe paraplane flying so most flights are early morning just as the sun is rising and towards evening maybe an hour or so before sunset - that's generally when you get the calmest winds. [BTW, my deer hunting ladder stand is about a quarter way down the field and to the right.]...

imagejpeg_0[1].jpg

IMG_20170730_071344924_HDR[1].jpg

Last edited:
Saturday night concert in Anaheim, really good show and completely different than any concert I've been to before. Just Jackson Browne and Greg Leisz acoustic set that lasted a total of about 2:40 hours. At 68 he still sounds great, chats with the audience and played mostly requests shouted from the crowd. The Grove maybe holds 2000 people and has great sound for a show like this one. Some of the best songs included That girl could sing, The pretender and love needs a heart.

In 5 weeks we're going to paso robles for a "Chicago" concert. They're playing at the Vina Robles Ampitheater which is part of the Vina Robles Winery, never been there but it looks good on their website. Should be a fun show with a crowd full of of 50somethings like us.

Mike

billboard.jpg

Saturday night concert in Anaheim, really good show and completely different than any concert I've been to before. Just Jackson Browne and Greg Leisz acoustic set that lasted a total of about 2:40 hours. At 68 he still sounds great, chats with the audience and played mostly requests shouted from the crowd. The Grove maybe holds 2000 people and has great sound for a show like this one. Some of the best songs included That girl could sing, The pretender and love needs a heart.

In 5 weeks we're going to paso robles for a "Chicago" concert. They're playing at the Vina Robles Ampitheater which is part of the Vina Robles Winery, never been there but it looks good on their website. Should be a fun show with a crowd full of of 50somethings like us.

Mike

Jackson Browne is on my concert bucket list.

We are almost crossing concert paths. I went to see Boston last night and at that venue the night before was...Chicago. ;)

I really like the shape / curves you have designed into it, looking great!! You said it's almost finished, what else do you have planned?

My wife's design with input from the contractor.

They're working on it this afternoon (they got here about 30 minutes ago) as the morning had to be spent on another job... They have to finish the grading, seed the grade and cover with straw. They need to add the sand that goes between the blocks and bricks. The big piece left is finishing the stairs. Then cleanup and they're done.

My wife's design with input from the contractor.

They're working on it this afternoon (they got here about 30 minutes ago) as the morning had to be spent on another job... They have to finish the grading, seed the grade and cover with straw. They need to add the sand that goes between the blocks and bricks. The big piece left is finishing the stairs. Then cleanup and they're done.

Sounds nice! I hope you'll share a phot of the finished product when it's done!

Jackson Browne is on my concert bucket list.

Mine, too. Darryl Hannah says he delivers some solid hits. Oh, that was a low blow. But seriously, I wold like to see "The Pretender" and "Rosie" live.

Back