Post a Meme, any Meme! (no politics)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Folks in the Middle Atlantic, USA, will understand this one ....

pollen is coming.jpg

For those that don't, yellow pines release a HUGE amount of pollen, that coats everything. Once it starts, I don't wash my car for the 4 to 6 week season, as it's pointless. The car will be yellow again in an hour.

Our first spring in NC, we were excited to open the windows in March, as the weather was beautiful (compared to Upstate NY at the same time). A co-worker told my wife to shut the windows ASAP! We were cleaning for 2 weeks to get all the pollen gone.
:slp

This is also the start of allergy season -- oak pollen and a host of others release at the same time. Yellow pine pollen gets blamed, but it's the ones that are not visible that are the culprits. Not that it matters which pollen is responsible -- allergies suck!

well pollinated.png

View attachment 98951

For those that don't, yellow pines release a HUGE amount of pollen, that coats everything. Once it starts, I don't wash my car for the 4 to 6 week season, as it's pointless. The car will be yellow again in an hour.

Our first spring in NC, we were excited to open the windows in March, as the weather was beautiful (compared to Upstate NY at the same time). A co-worker told my wife to shut the windows ASAP! We were cleaning for 2 weeks to get all the pollen gone.

This is also the start of allergy season -- oak pollen and a host of others release at the same time. Yellow pine pollen gets blamed, but it's the ones that are not visible that are the culprits. Not that it matters which pollen is responsible -- allergies suck!

View attachment 98952
White pines up here in New England do the same thing - everything coated in yellow for weeks!

View attachment 98951

View attachment 98952
And those of us in the Deep South can tell you, it’s already here!!

And those of us in the Deep South can tell you, it’s already here!!
We were in N Myrtle Beach last weekend, and the Yellow Rain had started. It hasn't hit Raleigh yet, but it's coming. Yellow is coming ...

We open the windows on warm-ish days, but the first speck of yellow will close 'em until it passes! I'm mildly allergic to oak pollen, plus a few others, so that's also a sign to shut the windows.

EDIT -- on the plus side, of all the things Mother Nature can do, pine pollen has the fewest adverse side effects. I've lived through a couple of hurricanes (far fewer than some of our members), and had a tornado pass within 1/2 mile of my house, so I'll cheerfully wait 6 weeks or so to wash my car ...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back