Post a Meme, any Meme! (no politics)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can change your privacy settings in your phone. It's under privacy and security then microphone.

Oh, so you're saying they DO listen in? 😄 And if they do, what a change in societal norms. I remember a time when you would have to OPT IN to something like that, rather than OPTING OUT.

Android users:
Apps & Notifications > App permissions > Microphone

Last edited:
Reminds me of when I was a teenager, the local Ramada had on their marquee, in an effort to book their banquet rooms, "Have Your Next Affair Here." Really raised some eyebrows in Pittsburgh!

I'll bet it was intentionally planned.

A little different topic, but a few years ago, a new rock station put up billboards in Huntsville AL that said "GO _ _ _ _ YOURSELF!" in huge red letters, and the place went bonkers. TV stations did news stories on it, local officials were asked to weigh in and most opined that there was no place for this kind of crudity in Huntsville, etc. The story got picked up statewide and in the region. Then the station filled in the blanks: "GO ROCK YOURSELF!" 🤣 Man, when I think of all the free media that station got, I hope whoever thought of that got a fat bonus.

When I had my store, I would sometimes run "GOING OUT for BUSINESS!" print ads, with signage on the store. Always brought in a crush of customers. My favorite in retail though is "INVENTORY REDUCTION SALE!" Truth in advertising, because every time they sell something, it reduces their inventory! Yet it brings in shoppers like it's something special...

Latest posts

Back