Post a Meme, any Meme! (no politics)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This exactly. I get so upset with people my age whining about “kids these days” and trying to stop the world from changing. Like our generation (or our parents) lived in some utopia.
Whenever I think the younger generations are too spoiled or entitled I think about my own parents, who lived through the Great Depression and WWII, and wonder if they thought the same about me.

Whenever I think the younger generations are too spoiled or entitled I think about my own parents, who lived through the Great Depression and WWII, and wonder if they thought the same about me.
They did. And their parents thought that about them… this has been the case as long as there have been parents and kids.

What most people don’t consider is the question “who raised this generation of kids? And who raised them? Makes one think a little 🤔

ETA: actually many parents don’t think that about THEIR kids, but all of those other freeloaders…😉

They did. And their parents thought that about them… this has been the case as long as there have been parents and kids.

What most people don’t consider is the question “who raised this generation of kids? And who raised them? Makes one think a little 🤔
I understand what you are alluding to, Chuck, but I sense that society is declining at a faster rate. To answer your question, "who raised these kids?" I would agree that they were raised in our houses, we fed them. clothed them and gave them shelter, but their major influences were peer pressure, Hollywood, the music industry and the media.

I recall when the film, And God Created Woman starring Bridgette Bardot hit the States. People were lined up around the block to see this explicitly sensual film. Today, there is more sex and nudity in TV commercials, not to mention TV shows!

but I sense that society is declining at a faster rate.
Was it declining at a faster rate when you were young and participating in the decline? Or just now after you are getting old and pulling back? I don’t mean to be a smartass… it’s a serious question. I’m not even 60 yet but the kids are grown, we are entertaining grandchildren, and I see retirement on the horizon. I find my world is shrinking and I too catch myself mumbling “what the hell?” On a regular basis. I try to keep it in perspective.

Back