Post a Meme, any Meme! (no politics)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EXACTLY! And keep vigilant for the changes in our aging brains that make thinking old easier. Identify and RESIST! For example, as soon as I realize I won't do something new for no other reason than because it is NEW, I change my mind.
This exactly. I get so upset with people my age whining about “kids these days” and trying to stop the world from changing. Like our generation (or our parents) lived in some utopia.

This exactly. I get so upset with people my age whining about “kids these days” and trying to stop the world from changing. Like our generation (or our parents) lived in some utopia.
On the flip side -- when my sons were teenagers, they whined about adults not understanding their situations. I explained that while the details are different, the overall situations are analogous to what I dealt with as a teenager.

I have to respectfully disagree, Chuck. I think my generation did live in a utopia compared to today. I feel there has been a gradual and continuing decline in our society. I believe, as author James Jones did, that our American society reached its peak with the generation that went off to World War II and has been in decline ever since then. When I was a teen, the "bad kids" smoked cigarettes and drank beer. Narcotics were unheard of in my neighborhood, an upper middle-class enclave near Pittsburgh. Today, I live in a similar neighborhood near Columbus and drugs are prevalent in middle school and high school!

I have to respectfully disagree, Chuck. I think my generation did live in a utopia compared to today. I feel there has been a gradual and continuing decline in our society. I believe, as author James Jones did, that our American society reached its peak with the generation that went off to World War II and has been in decline ever since then. When I was a teen, the "bad kids" smoked cigarettes and drank beer. Narcotics were unheard of in my neighborhood, an upper middle-class enclave near Pittsburgh. Today, I live in a similar neighborhood near Columbus and drugs are prevalent in middle school and high school!
I think the world has given out a few too many participation awards. A good worker is few and far between in this generation. They are generally useless without constant direction, but they have a confident enthusiasm about not having a clue... It must be blissful.

I think the world has given out a few too many participation awards. A good worker is few and far between in this generation. They are generally useless without constant direction, but they have a confident enthusiasm about not having a clue... It must be blissful.

Nah, younger workers just figured out what they are being sold. Hell, I am just about to retire and I just figured it out a year ago. That's even though my own DAD told me in 1980 when he retired early, "Once you figure out that it's BS they are selling you, and how it really works, things change." 🤣

That's why "Nearly two-thirds (65.07%) of employed workers are actively looking for a new job in 2022; only 3.35% do not plan to change roles this year. 46.88% of workers are either dissatisfied with their job on some level or are simply glad to be employed; meanwhile, only 15.79% rate themselves as 'very satisfied' with their jobs."

Oh, they tell you about your CAREER this and your CAREER that! Right. Do you know what your CAREER is? A series of jobs you take until you either retire or cannot work anymore. That's it. 😄 The difference with SOME young people is that they realize that the life that is moving past them is not renewable and so they don't invest in that, they invest in other aspects of their lives ... and that drives old folks nutty.

That said, I work at a top-rated research university and let me tell you, these students here, who come in with the highest GPAs in the state and among the top in the country? Well, they are a motivated lot. When you start making an average $80K right after you get handed your sheepskin and the sky's not the limit from there, your attitude changes, for some reason.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back