Post a Meme, any Meme! (no politics)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand what you are alluding to, Chuck, but I sense that society is declining at a faster rate. To answer your question, "who raised these kids?" I would agree that they were raised in our houses, we fed them. clothed them and gave them shelter, but their major influences were peer pressure, Hollywood, the music industry and the media.

I recall when the film, And God Created Woman starring Bridgette Bardot hit the States. People were lined up around the block to see this explicitly sensual film. Today, there is more sex and nudity in TV commercials, not to mention TV shows!
I'm just happy I'm in the checkout generation and not in one of the younger generations. I know how to make change, balance a checkbook, and spend wisely. I can cook, can vegetables, mow and fertilize a lawn, build a garage, a shed or a dog house, do my own plumbing and electrical work, paint, stain and do wallpapering. I can do landscaping and gardening, cut and stack firewood, put down linoleum and tile, refinish furniture, reshingle a roof, build a masonry wall, change the oil and rotate the tires on my car and fix damn near anything I own. There are a lot of young couples in my neighborhood. Most of them don't even go to the grocery store, let alone mow their lawn or wash their car. Last year I heard one of them asking for recommendations for an electrician because they had a loose electrical outlet.:slp

I'm just happy I'm in the checkout generation and not in one of the younger generations
I don't buy too much into labels. Most people I know are surprised that I wired and plumbed my basement, and reseated the toilet when I installed new flooring in the bathroom.

My younger son's garage door opener failed; he repaired it himself. My elder son's front door knob broke, he installed a new one himself. A lot has to do with belief.

Henry Ford was quoted as saying something like, "if you think you can do a thing, or if you think you can't, you're right".

I'm just happy I'm in the checkout generation and not in one of the younger generations. I know how to make change, balance a checkbook, and spend wisely. I can cook, can vegetables, mow and fertilize a lawn, build a garage, a shed or a dog house, do my own plumbing and electrical work, paint, stain and do wallpapering. I can do landscaping and gardening, cut and stack firewood, put down linoleum and tile, refinish furniture, reshingle a roof, build a masonry wall, change the oil and rotate the tires on my car and fix damn near anything I own. There are a lot of young couples in my neighborhood. Most of them don't even go to the grocery store, let alone mow their lawn or wash their car. Last year I heard one of them asking for recommendations for an electrician because they had a loose electrical outlet.:slp
In this part of the country we call those regular folk..

You forgot the most important thing...make wine!

I don't buy too much into labels. Most people I know are surprised that I wired and plumbed my basement, and reseated the toilet when I installed new flooring in the bathroom.

My younger son's garage door opener failed; he repaired it himself. My elder son's front door knob broke, he installed a new one himself. A lot has to do with belief.

Henry Ford was quoted as saying something like, "if you think you can do a thing, or if you think you can't, you're right".

By Walter D. Wintle. I saw this posted in the office of a local machine shop 30 years ago and have tried to live up to it.

914990cd1efdc386e9b1db5fe25fc053.jpg

By Walter D. Wintle. I saw this posted in the office of a local machine shop 30 years ago and have tried to live up to it.

Interesting. I have always tried to live by this quote:

“The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.” ― Damon Runyon​

Latest posts

Back