Post a Meme, any Meme! (no politics)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And it won't be just a simple broken gear. It'll be the "MOTHERBOARD"!!! Nothing that $300 or $400 can't fix.:mad:

Had that with our 10-y-o upright freezer. Ahem, Covid - unobtainable! Could be months, they said. Called all over the country, too. Tried to buy a whole new freezer - unobtainable! I finally found a control board NIB on eBay and bought it. $140. But it arrived a few days later and in 20 minutes we were going again. Meanwhile, I bought a lil chest freezer to hold our food (plus the kitchen fridge freezer and the one in the fridge in the shop). That is now my lager cooler, lol. SNEAKY, eh?

A few weeks ago, wife was using the dishwasher, loaded it, and one red light on the soft-touch control panel kept flashing but it wouldn't start. After trying a few quick reboot fixes that worked in the past, we just let it flash and washed our own. I was bottling beer, and without the machine, I had to sanitize bottles by hand. Pulled the door down and used the racks to hold them. When I got the bottling done and closed the door, nothing was flashing. Tried a cycle. Works perfect, lol. Note to self! I am happy cuz it is a lot easier to put the bottles in there the night before and just run them without soap on high heat/hot dry to sanitize.

My father has the fridge from when I was a child down in his basement. That refrigerator is at least 65 years old, probably more. My wife and I bought a fancy new washer and dryer a few years ago, the washer crapped our at about 3 year mark. We had a repair man come. I asked him what I should buy, he said buy the cheap one, I never work on them, they don't have fancy settings and electronics, they just work. So we have a washing machine with about 6 settings on a manual know and a dryer to match. We are on about 6 years old for those two now.
I bought a fancy washer and dryer stacking set that sang songs and all that. They were HE and front-loading and they always stunk even though we used the cleaner you're supposed to use. We ended up selling them with the house when we moved to the 'burbs and into a rancher and we bought the cheapest non-fancy set that we could get and so far no problems; I only wanted one that made a noise when the cycle is complete since they're in the basement.

The washer has an Inverter "Direct Drive" motor with a 10 year warranty. Our kids out in LA burned through not one but two Maytag HE washers in 4 years (with two small kids) and they are now using a similar LG washer. Both times the motor/drive system failed on the Maytags.

Thanks Mike. That's very similar to the one we are strongly considering.

Had that with our 10-y-o upright freezer. Ahem, Covid - unobtainable! Could be months, they said. Called all over the country, too. Tried to buy a whole new freezer - unobtainable! I finally found a control board NIB on eBay and bought it. $140. But it arrived a few days later and in 20 minutes we were going again. Meanwhile, I bought a lil chest freezer to hold our food (plus the kitchen fridge freezer and the one in the fridge in the shop). That is now my lager cooler, lol. SNEAKY, eh?

whilst some may call this a cowardly action fine sir, many of us recognise the absolute genius of your thinking.

We love ours.

The washer has an Inverter "Direct Drive" motor with a 10 year warranty. Our kids out in LA burned through not one but two Maytag HE washers in 4 years (with two small kids) and they are now using a similar LG washer. Both times the motor/drive system failed on the Maytags.

Pulled the trigger on a pair of LG's. We had picked out what we wanted and were ready to go to Best Buy to order, when I decided to check Costco to see if they carry them. Sure enough, they do, and we saved hundreds. While there, decided to upgrade our membership when I noticed something I've never seen before in the return line. A woman successfully (are there any unsuccessful returns at Costco?) returned one full and one half empty bottle of Kirkland Barolo.

OK, back to your regularly scheduled memes...

Yep, they will take back anything (and people do)!

Pulled the trigger on a pair of LG's. We had picked out what we wanted and were ready to go to Best Buy to order, when I decided to check Costco to see if they carry them. Sure enough, they do, and we saved hundreds. While there, decided to upgrade our membership when I noticed something I've never seen before in the return line. A woman successfully (are there any unsuccessful returns at Costco?) returned one full and one half empty bottle of Kirkland Barolo.

OK, back to your regularly scheduled memes...

Back