WineXpert Pleasantly Surprised

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
20070331_134437_vr_white_lg.jpg

Best 60 bucks I have ever spent....
I have a couple batches in bottles now and I am experiencing empty carboy syndrome, hahahah!! Seriously I am heading to a friends house for a party and I want to give away my first bottle of homemade wine. It is way too young to open and enjoy, but I wanted to try it before I give a bottle away. I have to admit this wine has changed considerably since it went into the bottle about three weeks ago. Sure I tasted it when I bottled and I was a little disappointed because it seemed watery without any discernable characteristics. In just three weeks it went from below average to well on it’s way to being something very, very good. I don’t plan on opening any more for a couple more months and I am going to keep about 10 bottles for a couple years.

This is a very rewarding hobby. I am very excited about starting my next wine. I think for the next month or so I am going to read and study making wine from fresh fruit. I am ready to pick some fresh peaches or blueberries and give it a shot.

Thanks for the help!

This can be a very rewarding hobby and a lot of fun too....For studing up on fruit wines a very good book to read is "Home Wine Making" by Terry Garey....I found it an easy read and some humor in it.....And some recipes too.

First Time, Congratulations on your first batch. Another good source of Fruit wine making is Jack Keller's site (see link below). Lots of 1 gallon recipes there, just about anything fermentable. To make larger batches, just multiply ingredients by how many gallons you want to make.

http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/

Dave

Congratulations!

When working with fresh fruit, remember one basic concept, the better the fruit, the better the wine.

What is the name of the wine in the photo? sorry got bad resolution.

Latest posts

Back