Pipe Smoke pairings

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerbos5

Reaction score
I apologize if this is a little off topic, but I have recently discovered pipe smoking, and I was sitting on my back patio, wondering how many other of my fellow wine makers do the same...I have a Super Tuscan, Ross D' Avola, Chilean Pinot Noir, ready to kick summer off with, but not sure about the baccy that would go good with a glass of red...... anybody have suggestions?

Kerbos, IMHO the two do not go together. It would seem to me that the smoking would completely mask the flavors of the wine you are enjoying. You have some really nice wines there. I would enjoy them with some good cheese and Italian bread. In the interest of full disclosure, I have not smoked for almost 40 years and I am one of those self-righteous ex-smokers that you probably hate.

Rocky I dont hate anybody especially a fellow wine maker....I know lots of people that like to smoke there cigars and enjoy a glass, as certain smokes actually go good with wine, but there are soooooooo many baccys for pipe smoking I don't even know where to begin, as of now I am smoking some aromatics, but I am up for suggestions, I suspect they should be mild-medium taste.

I used to smoke a pipe several years ago. When the winter rolled around and my buddy's wife wouldn't let us smoke cigars in the house we turned to the pipe because she liked the smell. I liked the Davidoff tobaccos. I haven't smoked in a while but when I do I smoke a nice cigar because I prefer the tobacco to the hard tip of a pipe. Just personal preference I guess. Now you got me wanting to break out the humidor.

Latest posts

Back