Pinot Noir (Vintner's Reserve) Kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update on this kit. I bottled last week, went fairly smooth. The corking went pretty good once I got the hang of it. I have the double lever corker. Could not have done it alone, that corker requires 2 people or some sort of jig to hold the bottle in place.

The wine was a pretty thin as expected, but tasted pretty good. I think a few months in the bottle will make it a fair table wine. I'll be starting another batch of something in the near future, this was just too much fun to not do it again.

-iowawine

i made a vintner's reserve valpolicella awhile back, i just looked at my notes and on day 29 it was racked from secondary off the remaining sediment and put into bulk aging. SG at the time of this final racking was 0.992 @72*F
starting SG on day one was 1.076 @72*F

Well those reading just about mirrored mine for the Valpolicella. I agree that you may be just about done, let it go in your carboy and follow the remaining directions. You may move a little more but not too much.

Back