Picture - How to do it?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernest T Bass

Reaction score
I'm trying to post a picture and don't know how, need a little help.
I copied the picture and tried to post on "New Thread", it ask of
"Please enter the URL of your image". I don't even know what a URL is.
How about a little help, I want to show off my wine.

Thanks

Semper Fi

You need to get an account on a hosting site ( I use http://photobucket.com/ , it's free)
You upload your pics on there and on the side of it you'll get a series of codes, you copy the IMG code where you want your picture to be
(It'll look like that : [*IMG]http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz334/krazyjeff81/IMG00097-20101016-1220.jpg[/IMG*] minus the stars by IMG)

Good luck!

Last edited:
I use photobucket to load my pictures to. Once there they can be resized etc... then when you want to post a picture right click"copy" the link in the box next to direct link thats associated to the picture you want. Paste that link in the address box on this site and you can see your picture on the post like the one I put on here
100_1153.jpg

Last edited:
when you post a reply, just click the paperclip icon in the tool bar of the repy box , and go browse to go get your picture from a file on your computer

yeah that too ;)

I prefer my way because you can also modify the pic (change sizes and such)

Bleuet oct 2010-2.jpg

Thanks

Everything went good until I had to copy their funny words, I did it about ten times and it wouldn't take it, they are kinda hard to make out, but out of 10 times I should have gotten one right, I try it again later. Give them time to forget me.

Semper Fi

The easiest way is to either use the "post reply" button on the left side near the bottom of any other post and then under where you type youll see a "Manage Attachments button. Click on that and where it says "Browse" click that to look through files on your computer. Once you find the pic your looking for click on it, wait for it to appear right below that window and when it does click on the "Upload" button and close it out or do the same for the next pic if you want to upload more. When your all done with typing and uploading pics click on either "Submit button and bingo.

Pic

Wade, everything went as you stated, but, when I clicked on the picture, it showed up in the file name (wine 002jpg) but the picture never showed up below the window or anywhere except where it had always been, still hi-lited.
"Unload" never showed up. What did I do wrong?

I tried to upload a picture once and I think it was too big for the allowed attachment size - that might be the problem. There are probably ways to deal with this but I haven't figured it out yet!

Folk's. this reminds me that we do have a thread for testing posts. I am going to leave this post here as most people do not know that. Please feel free to play around on it if you're trying to figure out how to post something and want to see if it's going to go through.

I have this forum set so there is no max on attachments so that is not the problem. Bud, I have made a slight error on telling you how to do it. Once you browse and find the file click on it and then press the Upload button that is directly to to left of the browse button. Once you have done that you will see the file name appear right below the Upload form URL area were it will say "Current Attachments". Once you see that you can add another pic just you have done again or close out that window and submit the post. Sorry about that!

Bud,
When you click on the attachment button another window will pop up. You click on choose file and then on the picture you are trying to post. Watch the bottom of this pop up screen for the progress it has in uploading the file and do not close it until it says it's done. The deception is that it doesn't really "show" the picture until you have submitted the post. That's what worked for me just now anyway.:D:D

Like I said it wont show you the pic, only the name of the file. When you hit submit button then the pic will post.

Actually, on mine it only shows you the file name while it's being uploaded to the site. Once it completes that, the file name goes away and it looks like it didn't do anything. The only way I could tell the image was going to post was by hitting preview. Otherwise, there was no outward appearance that it had been uploaded. :c

Love the photos jeff

Great photo album jeff keep it up. I am very new to this but learning a lot from you guys. been reading this for a while but not posted much.

Back