Pick'n n' Stompin' time!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrawhide

Reaction score
SCORE!!!</font>

Well, pickin' and stomp'n time!!!

IF ya'll member last year a friend of mine gave me a 6 gallon carboy of
syrah and merlot. Bottled the merlot and still have the syrah in
bulk!! NOW, this year I helped him transfer (pump)his wine from the
primary (500 gallon tank) to oak barrels. We filled 8 barrels (59
gallon) - 3 merlot and 5 syrah. THEN he told me to go and get my glass
- all of it!!! WELL, friends, I now have wine everywhere - brought
home 65+ gallons. I have 12 carboys of syrah and merlot all free run. (Paul does not press so he just dumped the rest after we were done.) My heart ached but I had no more capacity. Still
had 3 bulk aging from last year. Check out the picture:

20080827_090403_jars_003.jpg

this picture shows 3 gallons of workin' blackberry we picked last week and 2 more of the syrah!!

20080827_091059_jars_005.jpg

this picture shows this years strawberry that I added some grape wine
concentrate. Looks like good ol' purple wine but has a great strawberry nose.

20080827_090716_jars_002.jpg

Still working hard - trying to control gophers - in the vineyard. All are now replanted in wire baskets - so hope they grow - we will see how they are in the spring - just trying to keep alive the rest of this year. Some are doing quite well and some are just 'dead'!!!. Have to fill in the holes next spring.

Sure wish some of you were closer - to share some wine - just hated to watch him dump. However, I did freeze 4 gallons of must. This I will add to a couple of kits that I have. Gotta bottle the rest of the wine from last year soon so I can release a couple more carboys - all I have are full now. I would like to get a 59 gallon barrel but just do not have the room to store it in a cool place.

Hope all is well with all.

late

rrawhide

Edited by: rrawhide

Rrawhide, your gonna have to build or buy more wine racks now for sure and lots of them!!!!!!!!!!!! You have a true friend indeed and do wish I was close to you to benefit from the waste!
smiley19.gif
You mean to tell me that there is no one around that wouldnt take that off his hands for him????????

Back